lap challenge Suzuka 1:57 er ??

• Thread starter mark1165
  • 8 comments
Germany
Germany
how is it possible with group 3 to drive there 1.57 WITH BOP? I usually get to 2:02 and have no idea where there should be another 5 seconds.

And in other online races, I'm not the slowest, but mostly among the first 3.

But I also observe the same with the record laps of the various ONLINE races.

The times from the friends list are comparable, but the TOP lap times are always several seconds lower.

Why is that?

There will always be a skill gap unless you are top 1 % in the world. It is exactly as @incredirog says. Getting the entry to the two straights exactly at optimum speed and entry point alone could make up a great deal of that 5 seconds. Then you have all the rest of the course. Sometimes you just have to accept that some people are better than you.

Then it depends on the car. Even inside the BoP regulations, there is a lot of variance in performance.

I tried the Lancer and currently hold the fastest time with it, 1:58.8. I can see why people don't want to use it :lol:

how is it possible with group 3 to drive there 1.57 WITH BOP? I usually get to 2:02 and have no idea where there should be another 5 seconds.

And in other online races, I'm not the slowest, but mostly among the first 3.

But I also observe the same with the record laps of the various ONLINE races.

The times from the friends list are comparable, but the TOP lap times are always several seconds lower.

Why is that?
You haven't even found the correct racing line until you are running 2:00 flat. After that every braking point you hit perfectly is worth .05, every apex you hit perfectly is worth .1, and every perfect throttle application is worth .1 - .2 depending on length of straight. Suzuka has 18 corners, and this all adds up.

Also, the smoother your inputs the closer you can get to the limit. So if your inputs are jerky/twitchy, you will feel a car's limit at a lower point than it actually is. So if you drove a perfect lap, nailing all brake points, apexes, and acceleration zones, that lap could still be seconds slower than a driver who did the same but with smoother input.

I don't understand your confusion when you can literally go watch their laps mate 👍
That's exactly the point.....
You @mark1165 can watch them.. and then you "only" have to do copy and paste grin... so "simply" copy what the other drivers are doing.. just by trying it, you can you get faster IF you understand what the "aliens" do, how they do it and why.... So watch carefully why exactly they are so much faster.

My friends always smile at me because I always pay attention to what speeds are on... they always say I'm the only one paying attention... that may be, but that's how I see exactly where I'm missing the time... when my corner entrance is 5 km/h and my exit is 10 km/h too slow, then I can't be as fast on the following straight as the really good drivers... So I have to understand how they manage to take the corners the way they do .

Important.... even if you don't do it the same way as these drivers... but you can get a lot faster by doing it.

It's also important... the Aliens actually all drive with a manual gearshift and that gives a huge advantage in terms of race times... so if you drive with AG, you can easily say goodbye to the top guys by 1 second... sometimes even significantly more than a second... If I practice properly and get along well, I manage to get to the aliens with the steering wheel and AG for about 2 seconds.. but then it becomes very difficult for me, even just 1-2 tenths out to press.

Last edited:
Back