Lap time challenge issue

• Thread starter Sight
  • 9 comments
Portugal
Portugal
Hello, I've had this problem for a while and it's bugging me a lot, specially after today.

After getting gold in the last challenge with the Toyota Alphard, I now received the prize for the silver medal, which is a difference of 1M to the highest amount they give.

It's not the first time this happens and also happened to get the bronze prize instead of silver.

Not sure if this happens to more players, just would like to have some answers if somebody is willing to.

Thanks for the attention and happy gaming!

Oh dear...yet another person who thinks it's an issue. I think an explanation is in order.

The prize tiers are dependent on the current world record time, and in the gold prize's case, you need to be within 103% of the fastest time. The world record was improved just as the event ended, and thus dropped you out of gold, to silver.

In order to ensure 2 million, you need to be comfortably under the gold time.

For example, the current world record in the Lap Time Challenge is 1:37.948. Convert that into seconds and milliseconds, and it is 97.948. To get the gold time from this, simply multiply it by 1,03. The result is 100,886, which in turn is 1:40.886:

FtsUYwwWwAEhHHw.jpg

If a person could simply set a time that's gold at that time, getting gold would be quite cheap, should you set a lap early into the event.

On a side note, this topic should be in the general Gran Turismo 7 forum.

Last edited:
Simply said: as more players are participating and some are very eager into setting fast laps, the fastest time generally will improve up to the last moments of the event. Your time is then compared to the fastest time, and while on day1 you might be in the gold tier, on the last day you can obviously drop into a lower ranking.

Simply said: as more players are participating and some are very eager into setting fast laps, the fastest time generally will improve up to the last moments of the event. Your time is then compared to the fastest time, and while on day1 you might be in the gold tier, on the last day you can obviously drop into a lower ranking.
Even more simply said: skill issue, not a technical issue. :dopey:

Even more simply said: skill issue, not a technical issue. :dopey:
That is not necessarily true, for example in case the new player actually was a simracing veteran who can push much faster but simply tried TT for a few minutes and though "gold is gold and will stay that way". ;)

More likely a misunderstanding of the rules of the event is the cause (because this is not plainly stated?).

@TumeK5 so in your words I need a crystal ball to know that this happened when they don't know how to explain things?

I appreciate the explanation though.

@TumeK5 so in your words I need a crystal ball to know that this happened when they don't know how to explain things?

I appreciate the explanation though.
The instructions are clear, yet after every TT there are people asking about this so I understand the frustration.

On the front page of each TT it's clearly stated that the target time is the world record time +3% for gold, +5% for silver and +10% for bronze. The world record changes along the way, obviously. The first person to finish a lap makes the first WR and with over 100 000 participants it's likely to drop many times during the two weeks.

This has happened to me several times. It would help if PD showed the Gold, Silver & Bronze requirement times when they reward you your prize money. Would help players see why they missed out on Gold and by how much.

Back