Lap time / current lap time colour indicator question...

• Thread starter Ian JB
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ian Bick
Hi,

This is regarding the different colours I see on my lap time and current lap timer. I see red, black, blue, white and purple. Purple, I am sure, is my fastest lap during the session. Would someone be kind enough to let me know what the other colours mean please?

The answer is going to be bl***y obvious when someone does help me. ( and maybe others too! )

Thank you.

Best regards to all here.

Ian ( Suffering from advanced puppetry once more!!! )

I don't know that I've seen white or black, but red means your +.X behind overall fastest lap, and blue is comparing your current lap to YOUR fastest lap rather than the purple fasts lap.

I'm having purple sometimes when it's obvious i'm not the fastest.
You can get it if you're fastest up to that point in the lap, but slower overall. So if your sector 1 is quicker than anyone else it'll be purple but the lap or later sectors might not be.

You can get it if you're fastest up to that point in the lap, but slower overall. So if your sector 1 is quicker than anyone else it'll be purple but the lap or later sectors might not be.
Yep. It's not about who was fastest in that sector overall. Just that you're quicker than the fastest lap was up until that point.

What makes the timer at the center of screen turn red, is it after a pit stop? I have been trying to figure that out for a while.

What makes the timer at the center of screen turn red, is it after a pit stop? I have been trying to figure that out for a while.
It's supposed to only show for the lap after a pit stop, but there is a bug where it stays around for the rest of the race.

Yes, I mean, I'm losing time from the car in front and get purple, that's impossible, and happens often.

Also today I had a purple label of "fast" combined with a red +0.448 time.

The purple "fastest lap" only relates to your own laps during the race. The lap and sector times for the rest of the field are irrelevant.

Yes, I mean, I'm losing time from the car in front and get purple, that's impossible, and happens often.

Also today I had a purple label of "fast" combined with a red +0.448 time.
It is entirely possible to have a fastest sector time, which would appear in purple, but not have a fastest lap time.

who is talking about lap time?
I don't know. It's not entirely clear what you're talking about. Are you talking about a sector time? Are you talking about a lap time? Perhaps if you show us a video of it happening it'll all make sense.

I don't know. It's not entirely clear what you're talking about. Are you talking about a sector time? Are you talking about a lap time? Perhaps if you show us a video of it happening it'll all make sense.
Sorry, yes I mean a purple sector time when for instance I went off track (in that sector), or I'm clearly losing time from the cars in front.

Sorry, yes I mean a purple sector time when for instance I went off track (in that sector), or I'm clearly losing time from the cars in front.
Re purple times when you are clearly not fastest, in my experience on lap 2 of every race all my sector times are always purple, irrespective of my pace. Not sure about the logic of it, but it is always the case. Then from lap 3 onward it reverts to what you would expect - purple only if you are fastest.

Re purple times when you are clearly not fastest, in my experience on lap 2 of every race all my sector times are always purple, irrespective of my pace. Not sure about the logic of it, but it is always the case. Then from lap 3 onward it reverts to what you would expect - purple only if you are fastest.
Which is pretty logical. Purple does not indicate fastest sector time. Purple compares the fastest completed lap to your current lap, up until the point where it is measured. Normally, lap 1 will be seconds slower because of the start. So pretty much everyone on lap 2 will get fastest sector times up until people start crossing start/finish.
I have not noticed any bugs in regards to this personally.

Back