Lap Times/Fuel Use

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimy281090
  • 6 comments
  • 832 views
Messages
1,615
Messages
jimmy281090 GTP_Alex_Nicol
I currently have bob doing the indy 500 and therefor cant get the answer to this question as hes so bloody unreliable!.

But i was wondering if anyone has noticed a change of lap times as your fuel tank gets lighter and lighter? I can't say i've noticed them drop myself!.

Can anyone enlighten me on this matter? Even if it is by a millisecond!.
 
I currently have bob doing the indy 500 and therefor cant get the answer to this question as hes so bloody unreliable!.

But i was wondering if anyone has noticed a change of lap times as your fuel tank gets lighter and lighter? I can't say i've noticed them drop myself!.

Can anyone enlighten me on this matter? Even if it is by a millisecond!.

I have not done this race yet but I don't think PD has programmed an effect of fuel consumption on the weight of the car.
If they did though I would be very happy but that would also make me want to have the option to start all those 3 to 5 lap races with an almost empty and not a full tank :)
 
i just conducted a half-assed test during one of my 24hr endurance events

car: minolta
tires: soft
driver: b-driver class 37


the test was started one complete lap after a pitstop.
at the end of the test the driver still had some strength and mental strength left over.

lap 2) 3:23.411 pushed (heart rate maxed) just under a full tank/tires 98%
lap 4) 3:35.243 not pushed (very calm) just over 1/2 tank/tires 80%
lap 5) 3:39.889 not pushed (very calm) just under 1/2 tank/tires 70%
lap 7) 3:28.243 pushed (heart rate maxed) just above 1/4 tank/tires 28%

so i think what advantage you could of gained in weight reduction is eatin up in tire reliability, altho there are still a few variables unaccounted for, the other cars, tire types, drivers willingness to race, lighter tank/100% tires.
 
Last edited:
INDY 500
Non Pushed my Bobs all around 24-31 Levels will Run 35 laps Apiece , the Fuel Runs out before the Tyres die , thats in a Minolta
 
lap 2) 3:23.411 pushed (heart rate maxed) just under a full tank/tires 98%
lap 4) 2:28.243 not pushed (very calm) just over 1/2 tank/tires 80%
lap 5) 3:39.889 not pushed (very calm) just under 1/2 tank/tires 70%
lap 7) 3:28.243 pushed (heart rate maxed) just above 1/4 tank/tires 28%

What magic did you use to drop an entire minute off your lap time on lap 4?! :trouble:

But seriously, where did you get those percentages on the tires?
I haven't seen that on the B-Spec screen.
 
I'd have to agree with notPig on the fact that with what little weight is lost by the spent fuel, your lose of traction is going to kill your lap times more than losing weight will help so i'd say if PD put that in, they should have given us an option to say only start a race with enough fuel to finish the race. You know what I mean? That would be awesome to kill some weight for the short 3 and 5 lap races.
 
What magic did you use to drop an entire minute off your lap time on lap 4?! :trouble:

But seriously, where did you get those percentages on the tires?
I haven't seen that on the B-Spec screen.

had a couple typos, i went back and re-read what i had written down, thanks for catching one. it might of taken a day or two tell i realized.

as for the percentages, i was ballparking ..i mean after all it was a half-assed test.
 
Last edited:
Back