Lap times wheel/Aid

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZondaR'09
  • 0 comments
  • 378 views
Messages
1
Hey there, recently I started playing GT5 and while I initially wasn't that into it it slowly grew on me as I approached the Extreme Series of the single player.

Mostly I enjoy the game but as I rarely get to play with a wheel and proper set up I'm stuck with the controller for the majority of my time playing the game. The only time I play with a wheel is at my friend's house who has a great setup for racing.

Now something I've noticed on forums, comments to videos etc is the massive hate against any kind of aids. This too me seems very strange because they are there for a reason, and they exists in real life super cars as well (see name) cause they can actually be beneficial. Mainly the use of aids is beneficial more to a DS3 player, which I will get into and my experience with no-aids and difference between wheel and controller.

Now the thing about aids is that their impact is noticeable with a wheel but the added grip you get from the better throttle control/breaking and general sensitivity of the steering makes the car enjoyable to drive without and not overly complicated to learn without aids as I initially thought. The learning curve for driving with no-aids with controller however is much much much steeper and every powerful car with 800+ bhp requires learning while with a wheel it feels much more natural.

Using a wheel with no aids I can comfortable beat all my lap times done with controller and driving aids (TC 4, ABS 1) even with my VERY limited time with a wheel. So why the hate against driving aids when using a wheel with no aids (maybe ABS) is both better and easier then with a controller?

It just doesn't make any sense, surely if you get beat by someone with a controller using aids it's because you aren't that good of a racer? Cause from my experience a wheel+no aids is miles ahead of a controller setup regardless of CPU-input.
 
Back