lap timesv - consistancy

  • Thread starter Thread starter goofydc84
  • 19 comments
  • 1,671 views
Messages
3
Messages
goofydc84
seeing as there is a thread about lap times around tracks with cars etc.. well my i would start a thread seeing if people are good at keeping good consistant laptimes?

i have a ds3 and im still getting use to all the new cars now that i have a few that are actually fast (fgt/787b) what would be your average laptime or your best if you would like to post that and can you match that each race, i watch motogp a lot i love it, and i see that those guys run consistant
140.XXX on what ever track and can always maintain it, i dont seem to have such luck :( yet.. why wheel should be here next week (thaank god) anyway can you run laptimes within 1 sec or under consistantly every lap or do you do 134.xxx then A 136.XXX then back to 132.xxx just for a example. i my self aint the best i try but always make a likttle mistake most times in a car that i have a lot more experience in ill powerslide a lot out of corners and that doesnt do too well for times but i have fun

so are you consistant?
 
I can be quite consistent on most tracks when I try to be, I can also push it and get quick laps, but mixing the two gives me less consistent results than purposely shooting for consistency : /
I suppose that is exactly what separates great drivers from everyone else in real life 👍
 
I think consistency is one of the biggest differences between good drivers and great drivers. edit: heh^

To answer your question, I'm very inconsistent. And still slow even on good laps :dopey:
 
My laps are usually within 2 seconds of eachother on average tracks, Nurby and Sarthe are obviously a bit more =P
 
Depends on the car, the track and the game. In GT5 i find it harder to feel the car, so i don't always judge it well, but generally i am within 1second of times.

However on iRacing i am able to feel the car much better, and am often within 0.2 seconds each lap on tracks that i know well in a car i am dialed in to.


Creating reference points of what gear to enter a corner in, where to start(and stop) braking, how much to turn and when to come on the throttle is a great way of doing this. Sure you can drive by natural insticts but if you create reference points you will always be close. It may be a tree on the side of the road, a kink in the wall, a sign above your head or simply the distance markers, use your surroundings to create a mental image and map of each corner and what you have to do to take it.

Then you will find you can drive more consistantly.
 
I got Human Stopwatch on Grand Valley Speedway.
My laps are usually 0.300 different from eachother.
On Nurby 24h my laps are within 3 seconds.
I don't use TCS, ASM or SRF.
Sixaxis on sensitivity set at 4.
 
Although I'm usually rather consistent during freeruns, I sometimes make mistakes during online races:banghead:
 
I usually run pretty consistent lap times. I can run a 5-7 lap race within a half second of each other. DS3, TCS 1, ABS 1....no other aids.
 
Last edited:
Once i get going around a track, there's no stopping me, its all about repition, once you get the line correct, its just a matter, of trying to improve a section every lap.
 
On the nascar tracks im within 0.100 of each lap lol xD
 
Once i get going around a track, there's no stopping me, its all about repition, once you get the line correct, its just a matter, of trying to improve a section every lap.

This right here. Once you've been around a track enough you know where to brake, where to downshift, where to accelerate. It all becomes muscle memory. You try to improve slightly for each turn till you're blasting out laptimes that are not only extremely fast but are less then a quarter of a second off from each other.

Speed means nothing without consistancy, while consistancy means nothing without speed. You need both to be fast.
 
Starking
This right here. Once you've been around a track enough you know where to brake, where to downshift, where to accelerate. It all becomes muscle memory. You try to improve slightly for each turn till you're blasting out laptimes that are not only extremely fast but are less then a quarter of a second off from each other.

Speed means nothing without consistancy, while consistancy means nothing without speed. You need both to be fast.

Exactly.
 
In the 9hour endurance I was constantly doing 32 second laps with x1 then when had a guy in the way 38s had my fastest lap on lap 526 got 30.721 :)
 
My consistency seems to come in groups of laps. I'll do 3 laps of very similar times then I'll get a lap time that is .5 secs slower then I'll be back to my regular times. I rarely keep the laps at the same time for a 20 lap period etc.
 
Can drive consistantly like crap ... :dopey:
 
Yev
I got Human Stopwatch on Grand Valley Speedway.
My laps are usually 0.300 different from eachother.
On Nurby 24h my laps are within 3 seconds.
I don't use TCS, ASM or SRF.
Sixaxis on sensitivity set at 4.
Impressive O_O

For me depends of the car, its downforce. I find to be very consistent with some cars, but with crazy rabbits like the A310 (at least it was in GT4) I think it's humanly impossible :)
 
At some Tracks I can be consistent but on others I make mistakes to often because I always overpush the Cars limit ;)
Indy with the ZR1 RM: 41:884 --> 41:896 ---> 41:873--> 41:869 (the Start Lap was 47:985) and this is a "standard" for me with this Combo (somtimes i get consistant low 42´s but usually human stoppwatch all the time)

But Fuji is my nemesis track (especially the last ****-sector). Suzuka is for me harder to be consistant but at GV I´m very consistant.
Nurb I´m within 4 seconds somtimes (I have a 4wheel gras meating every 3-4 laps)
 
I like to think my consistency is my greatest asset, I can run off laps within .1 of each of each other until tyres start taking their tole. Unfortunately in a race situation I sometimes push too hard and make mistakes, it then compounds itself for a lap or so while you regain composure. Just wish I could find the second or so I need to lap with the really fast guys... they are unnatural!
 
Not as consistent as I'd like to be, that's for sure.

What's funny is, speed is a product of consistency, but consistency is also a product of speed. When you are going as close to the car's maximum as possible, consistency follows, because you can never suddenly have faster laps mixed in with the slower laps. You don't suddenly improve by 2 seconds, because you're already knocking on the car's ceiling. A 'fast lap' may be an improvement of 0.1 seconds, rather than 2 seconds.

So first, you have to learn good technique in order to go fast. Once you find that speed, it's a question of repeating that speed.
 
GUYS I'M THE BEST OF ALL BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS CONSISTENT IN... making mistakes. :dopey:

Kidding aside, I start having slower lap times as my tires get some wear and tear.
 
Back