Last 2 Super Licenses giveing me hell

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pureinsanitty
  • 23 comments
  • 2,230 views
Messages
3
United States
United States
Messages
pureinsanityy
Hello I went through all the license test and got gold in them all with ease but the last two Super ones are giving me one hell of a time. I work on each for about 2hrs each. Got silver on the 4th one and bronze on the 5th. I am just looking for some advice I used my g27 steering wheel for all the other test I tried to use the controller on the last two to see if it would be any easier. But After using the steering wheel for the whole game it just feels wrong now. I have turned the assists on and off trying to find the fastest setting for me I can take turns faster with traction control off but I usually lose a lot of times fishtailing and such so I been keeping it on to avoid the loss time. Any help is greatly appreciated!
 
Thanks for the links man! I will have to sit down and study the videos! I would like to have some opinions on auto vs manual transmission, abs usage and ext. Thanks again.
 
I'm having issues with these as well, my current record for the Lambo is .500 behind gold, and I bronzed the Veyron just to get the S-License races. I'll use the links and see if it helps getting gold.
 
Manual, no aids other than abs = 1. What I found in the Aventador was that it was much faster to get the car to slide then using throttle control to just guide it around. It really responded well to more throttle, no excessive oversteer or wheelspin. For the Veyron test, slow and smooth worked better. Taking good lines through the corners and being able to power out is what I feel got me through. My 3rd clean run, I beat the gold time by nearly 2 seconds.
 
Lambo was very easy for me, Bugatti was done with ASM.
 
Completed all the Super licenses last night, for sure the last 2 were the hardest simply because of the weight of these cars. Take it really slow and easy, get the car into the corner nice and close to the apex and then get the best exit to make use of their power. It helps to at least get a banker lap in as well and have friends who have completed the challenge to have a ghost comparison. It's easy then to see where you gain or lose time in corners when it comes to getting the best single lap together.

The practice is worth it for the buzz that I got when I crossed the line and saw a time of 2:12.xxx!!!
 
Tips: Learn both tracks and both cars by practicing a bit, and it becomes easy.
 
I wouldn't bother using DS3 with those two license tests. Trust me, they are much easier with your G27.

I was trying to gold these with the DS3 but the Aventador was giving me a lot of trouble. So I plugged in my G25 and got gold after a few tries.

Just keep a cool-headed perseverance and a lot of practice.
 
I wouldn't bother using DS3 with those two license tests. Trust me, they are much easier with your G27.

I was trying to gold these with the DS3 but the Aventador was giving me a lot of trouble. So I plugged in my G25 and got gold after a few tries.

Just keep a cool-headed perseverance and a lot of practice.

I used a DS3 for them, Got gold too. Was a pain to do but after going bonkers just finally decided to take it easy but hard.
 
Stop, and try again later, this helps me often. You sort of get stuck and race in the same way over and over.
Take a break and try again another day and you will see that you suddenly take it on the first couple of tries.
 
I find that cars that have AWD systems should by default have traction control and ASM completely OFF. It only slows them down, and they have no need for it. Same goes for FF drivetrains.

What I did was had everything but ABS and Skid Recovery Force off. I used DS3, and after a few 10-20 tries, I managed. I can do it, so can you. :cheers:
 
Last edited:
It is possible with DS3. Cant remember too much about lambo. But with veyron just get lap done knowing its going to be slow, and then build on it. One of them laps it feels slow but your going faster than you think if that makes sense ?!?!

Like other posters said take it easy, break early and just generally get tidy clean laps.
 
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi, hope these replays helps. Not a super quick lap, done just enough for gold by keeping it tidy & smooth. Wheel used for lap, and speedo is in km/h. I'm not very good with commentary, so just engine & gear shift sounds to guide you.

Turn off Traction control...then practice, perservere & restart, 'know' the track, stop thinking about the gold, or the last lap or last mistakes etc etc....and just drive...aiming for clean error-free laps.

The gold will come when you get the hang and 'feel' of the car....it's a challenging car to get right going fast, so it's back to practice & perservere.

Stop & try later, is good advice too. Good luck mate


Super Licence S-4







 
Last edited:
I'm a DS3 user and I agree, these were much more of a challenge.👍
Quickly establish your braking points. Make a mental note of your mid apex speed for each corner. Then systematically increase your apex speed with each attempt - brake a little later or come off the brakes earlier for a higher coasting apex speed.
I was surprised by how much speed I could carry through most of the turns at Brands Hatch - the uphill blind off camber right turn (3rd from last corner) was where I gained so much time. I started to pull my braking point back a little until I was carrying a lot of speed but not heading onto the beach after the apex!

The Veyron - well, that needed a braking point for each corner a few yards earlier than you would think - and even then, pull it back a few yards more!!! As its power is in its acceleration (and not in its braking) it seemed sensible to brake really early and get on the gas even earlier to maximise time spent on the throttle. Easier said than done, I know!!!:nervous::lol:
 
I wouldn't bother using DS3 with those two license tests. Trust me, they are much easier with your G27.

DS3 is easy. MT, ABS 2 and everthing else off for the Ascari challenge. Cleared this licence by a country mile and put myself in the top 4 amongst my friends.

Didn't have any trouble with the Lamborghini test. MT, ABS 1 and everything else off.

Just keep a cool-headed perseverance and a lot of practice.

This is good advice. Also, use the flying lines of your friends to gauge cornering speeds and shift early if needed to avoid wheelspin.

Ascari has now become a favourite thanks to the S test and the new NSX seasonal.
 
I think the problem is the tracks. I couldn't get a decent time because I didn't know these tracks. Now I'm more used to them. the cars are fine. the Aventador is tricky, but it works just like the GT-R R35. When it starts sliding, just smash the gas, up shift and the car straightens itself. Counter steer and you'll loose control and time. The Veyron is all about fast exit.
 
this one 🤬 me off so badly. finally pulled it off,but I swore to my self. I a, NEVER driving that car again.
If anything, that track shows how fun the Veyron can actually be.
 
I thought the Bugatti one was pretty easy, at least not any harder than S1-S3. The key is just to string a decent lap together without screwing up, which I guess is harder in this case only because the lap is longer. For the Aventador one, I didn't find the car particularly difficult to drive, but the margin for gold is smaller, so maybe that's why people are finding it more difficult.
 
takes knowledge of the track. Use the new seasonal with the NSX on Ascari to understand it. It's a great seasonal.

Then feel out the car. I did one lap with the Bugatti Veyron to figure out what gear I need to be in in each corner, and the track is long enough to understand how the chassis rotates and such. Then go all out the second time around. Easy.
 
Wow thanks for all the advice guys! I will try to beat these test again here soon and hopefully with some practice and patience I can beat them!
 
Back