Lateral G tuning?

young___nate

(Banned)
United States
Lacey/WA/USA
young___nate
youngnate13
Seems like there are two ways to tune your car for Forza. Grip or speed.
Widening your tires increases the lateral grip threshhold. Increasing your power increases car's tendancy to slip the wheels in corners, but you can make it up on straights. Pretty basic, but cool kind of. Not a lot of work to do is good in my opinion. Is it as simple as that? Plus using a diff to dial wheel slippage to your preference seems to be the key.
Can adjusting other settings, like suspension settings or aero, actually increase the g Limit/value of your car as well?

Seems like there are two ways to tune your car for Forza. Grip or speed.
Widening your tires increases the lateral grip threshhold. Increasing your power increases car's tendancy to slip the wheels in corners, but you can make it up on straights. Pretty basic, but cool kind of. Not a lot of work to do is good in my opinion. Is it as simple as that? Plus using a diff to dial wheel slippage to your preference seems to be the key.
Can adjusting other settings, like suspension settings or aero, actually increase the g Limit/value of your car as well?

I can't say I've personally gone and adjusted the suspension and then checked to see the G limits afterwords to compare. May be a good idea to do.
But my latest tune kind of defies your first point. I tuned up a GNX and it is not only very quick but I put the widest tires available for it and it handles very well. It is a A class car. Maybe in lower classes the speed vs handling tunes are more apparent? Right now I've only tuned A and B class cars.

There's always a tradeoff, unless a car is so slow that even with all Race parts it's in a modest class and friendly to drive.

A month or two after the game came out I started making "Street" and "Track" tunes for my favorite cars; the Street tunes have Sport suspension/tires/reinforcement, no rear wing, and extra power mods to make up the difference in PI. You'd be surprised how easy it can be to outrun other players online when you're the only one with less than Race tires/suspension, even on curvier tracks. It almost felt like cheating.

As a bonus, the risk of a rollover is almost nil. :)

G limit is only a reference, when you are out on track, what you need is consistent transaction between longitudinal and lateral G, which translate to traction, and traction is only meaningful when you have the power to fully exploit it.

theoretically higher G means more grip but it also depends on how easily that peak can be reach and maintained.

Back