Latest update has broken the game!

• Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 24 comments
England
Near Oxford, UK
RogsR35UK
RogsR34UK
The latest update has apparently zeroed all the Mastery Perks! I wondered why there were no points on my Agera RS. I am guessing this is going to be rather difficult for Playground Games to rectify. Also if you leave the game and reload the Perks will be zeroed again.

Thanks for the heads up. People on FM.net and Reddit are reporting the same problem as well.

I updated the game yesterday but didn’t start it, so I’m hoping I didn’t get affected. Regardless, it looks like I won’t be playing Horizon 4 at all until this is fixed. :grumpy:

This one is going to hurt a lot! All that grinding for.... nothing. I really have no idea how they are going to fix this. I got more than 200 cars maxed out. I still have some with perks like the M6 FE and the Aventador FE but 99% of the cars I already maxed are clean as new. :lol:...:banghead:

I guess this bug happened as they tried to make some changes to car mastery.
For example, there were many complaints in the official forum that "peaks of cars purchased with AH are used by former owners".
As an improvement to this dissatisfaction, they may have tried a new system like resets the peaks of the car purchased at AH.

However, this bug also resets the peak of the car that is not related to AH. :indiff:

Wow, that's quite a basic bug that really should have been fixed before this update went live. If it was even found, that is. Changes to existing features like that should always have a basic test suite that covers things like this!

I'm going to test this on something like the '93 911, just to see if you can constantly re-use the perks. If that's the case there may soon be a lot of Regalia Type-Ds and other perk unlockable cars in the AH soon.

I put some points on a car yesterday and it was reset this morning. I needed to go on the game to finish the weekly Forzathon.

Fortunately I hadn’t maxed all the cars, I was up to around F alphabetically. I don’t see how they can correct this easily.

I must admit that I did get a few Auction House cars with points used. If I sell on the Auction House I would never put any points on them. If I put points on a duplicate I just Remove it from the garage... usually after a couple of failed Auction House runs.

I'm actually hoping they don't fix this, I want to know if there's a level cap on car collector and this means you can complete a level with 10 skill points and 10 legendary or FE cars... I kind of wish I'd seen this last night because I wouldn't be surprised if they fix this today.

The update this morning seems to have fixed the problem as my Morgan had the points I allocated yesterday. Unfortunately I have lost a fair number of points on a few cars. I did load the two Quartz cars I bought from the Auction House a while ago so that the points would be reset.

Affected players have been Gifted 10 Super Wheelspins... I am assuming that is everyone. They are hoping to restore the lost Skill Perks before Season 10. I am guessing that could prove somewhat difficult.

I did some Skill gathering on my Renault 5 Turbo FE and have it pretty much maxxed out so can get 10 points fairly quickly.

As you, most of the time, spend points to better collect points, they can gladly keep them and give me the Super Wheel Spins instead.

On the bright side, you can now use the EXP-, money-, and wheelspinperks again... which is nice. :)

I think, I like the bug.

10 super wheelspins just landed in my inbox, which adds to countless others I haven't used.
Not sure if I got any skill points as well, don't care - I've got 906 spare already :lol:
At 750 cars, I need to do some clearing out! Aside from any new ones there's only 22 I haven't got yet, and I'm unlikely to get them from wheelspins.

It seems to me that perks only got removed from the few cars I'd looked at / driven while it was broken, although I haven't looked at many since they patched it to check. All of the ones I'd completed perks on I set as favourite, so I can check more later.

edit: Seems my Mosler lost its perks and I don't think that was one I looked at while it was broken. So no idea how many I lost yet.

Last edited:
Nice to hear that there is a 750 car maximum as I am back at about 680, though I am shifting some on the Auction House. As I have most of the cars other than one or two Playlist 80% and Forzathon special prize cars plus the Capri FE, a spin is pretty much guaranteed a duplicate.

Nice to hear that there is a 750 car maximum as I am back at about 680, though I am shifting some on the Auction House. As I have most of the cars other than one or two Playlist 80% and Forzathon special prize cars plus the Capri FE, a spin is pretty much guaranteed a duplicate.

Yep, the 750 limit seems to work quite reliably. Wheelspins from e.g. leveling up aren't spun immediately, just stored, which is a (temporary) relief from the duplicates! In some cases at least it will remember that you've won a car and prompt you to make space for it... but I wouldn't want to push that much beyond one car.

It remembers cars you have won. I only ever had a Wheelspin problem once when I won a 1994 Silvia which didn’t actually appear in my garage though selling my exiting one (showing none in the garage) came up as Owned in the Autoshow.

Incidentally on the issue of those Skill Perks, the update I did earlier fixed the problem. The bad new is I had over 13000 points to allocate to my cars!

Yep, I now have over 10000 points and it's probably more than I'll ever want to use! Pretty sure they gave out a lot more than I lost, and considering I used to farm wheelspins from cars before deleting them I bet all those points were refunded as well.

The latest update has apparently zeroed all the Mastery Perks! I wondered why there were no points on my Agera RS. I am guessing this is going to be rather difficult for Playground Games to rectify. Also if you leave the game and reload the Perks will be zeroed again.
I've been refunded over 13 thousand points..and most of my cars have been zeroed..in saying that it's a bonus to go and hunt down cash car rewards but time consuming , a total pain !!! Skill points are now not being earned so I guess 10k is a max out ?

I've been refunded over 13 thousand points..and most of my cars have been zeroed..in saying that it's a bonus to go and hunt down cash car rewards but time consuming , a total pain !!! Skill points are now not being earned so I guess 10k is a max out ?

The meter only goes to 999. You can earn more, but it won't display until you are under 999.

The meter only goes to 999. You can earn more, but it won't display until you are under 999.
20190517_165543.jpg

Back