Latest update helps drifting a lot!

• Thread starter JamboGT
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
N. Ireland
JamboGT
Hey there, now I am not a drift expert by any means, more of a grip driver, however after feeling the changes in the physics from today's patch I find that I am so much more capable of holding a decent drift now, was wondering if any of the actually good drift guys and girls out there were feeling the same.

I hadn't time to test yet as i wish, but maybe the hole is a lot deeper than for everyday grippers, since some people here uses different tabs (road and/or drift).

All that I noticed so far is that the pivot changed on some cars and also the tyre model, specially at low speeds in tight hairpins, donuts and such...

I feel the complete opposite. Several cars are not as nice to drift anymore, and the bug/bus is almost impossible. It just stops. Oh well, I'll fiddle some with the settings I guess..

The game in my opinion feels great now. It isn't like sliding on snow anymore. I shouldn't be able to drift stock cars with ease, like prior to the update. Street cars feel great, and I hope this update makes them popular online again, rather than just Gr.4 every where.

I see myself as a "good drifter", spent about 100 hours just into drifting in GT Sport. My goal at drifting (and so it is with all good drifters) is to synchronize with a driftmate as good and close as possible (also known as tandem drift). After the new update it feels way to catchy and the speed increased way to much.

Tandem drifts are now way harder, also there is a lack of "smoothness". It just doesn't look that good anymore.
In my opinion the new update destroyed much of the fun with drifting.

I am still figuring out, but maybe we will must find a new pattern of weight and camber angle to make the tires less grippy. Even still, the new grip only bother me at mid and high speed.

Also, I noticed yesterday that the clutch emulation at low rev disappeared, what is a good thing.

I am still figuring out, but maybe we will must find a new pattern of weight and camber angle to make the tires less grippy. Even still, the new grip only bother me at mid and high speed.

Also, I noticed yesterday that the clutch emulation at low rev disappeared, what is a good thing.

Yes! Adding camber and adjusting weight and dif settings helped me immensely as far as getting the tired to break loose and stay loose. Mind you I use a GR.4 M4 and R Tab. Still plenty of angle and the smoothness is unreal. Thank you GT Gods for adding GT6 physics

v1.32 Updates
TEST (Suzuka-East + Road TAB + CH Tire)
F1500T-A drift becomes easy and can do pendulum drift to connect every corner.
F1 W08 from the original almost uncontrollable, into can drift, but to do the pendulum drift is still difficult.
Is it more real with the new physical model?
Can be sure that drifting within GT SPORT becomes easier to get started.

I feel like its easier now. I'm pretty new to it. But using the mp4-12c with some crazy camber and slammed has me feeling more confident. . Still very odd to me that sometimes i just slide despite full throttle. Trying to be more patient with my wheel input (g29)

Well, share your tunes, let's see if it's the car, or the driver.
Doesn´t matter if im good or bad, im just saying that i had to re made all my tunes and i missed all the work on the road ones. You can be smoth on dtab but if you used to road takes sometime to get used to it. Anyway if you want to play with me my psn acc is : Heartbeat_Manu , add me and i can show you on track ;)

Back