Latest updates- what do they do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ryan81
  • 6 comments
  • 1,110 views
Messages
2,641
Ok, here's the thing. I'm never connected to the PSN network and only play SP but I decided to download some stuff for another game the other day and in the meantime loaded GT5 while connected to the Internet.
It informed me that there were 4 updates and I started updating but it appeared that it would take forever so I cancelled them.
What do these updates add to the game? Any new events? Or other single player features or is it purely online add-ons?

Thanks.
 
They added in fixes for 1 map (SS7) where you could get behind the wall. They also added online/limited race events for specific cars. Some are certain cars while some are FF/FR/4wd. If you download the updates you will also beable to race online, which opens up whole new world of GT5.
 
Even if you only care about single player, it's worth downloading the updates and signing into PSN just for the seasonal races. They're good money and keep the single player mode going. 👍
 
Here you go...

Update 1.05
・Seasonal Events
・Online Dealership - Popular and rare used cars can be found here
・Online Race Rewards and Experience - Just gives you GT Cash and experience points when racing online...
・Save Data Backup - You can Backup your Saves (Very important!...)
・Personal BGM (Menu)
・Integration with the Website - They're talking about your GT5 Home on gran-turismo.com

Update 1.06
・Remote Racing - You can set your B-Spec Driver "Bob" to race against your friends Bob's... (You get GT5 Cash & B-Spec Xp for this)
・Remote Racing from a Web Browser - Through your GT5 Home on gran-turismo.com
・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
・Introduction of Performance Points in Online Races
・Car Loan in Events - You can borrow cars that your Friends share.
・Multi-Monitor Feature
HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.

Update 1.07
Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded

Update 1.08
Fixed an issue with Special Stage Route 7
 
Ok, thanks guys.

I thought in my case it wouldn't be worth downloading as my PS3 is never connected to the Internet. Besides, I'm not keen on online and MP. Much prefer single.
 
Back