Launch Control?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 3 comments
  • 1,740 views

SuperShouden

(Banned)
Messages
7,542
Messages
SuperShouden
I've noticed that some cars, to get them to stop completely, you have to hold the brake. The GT-Rs are a good example of this. And when you hold the brake, the vehicle revs. Now, I've seen on Top Gear, that some cars actually have something called "Launch Control" which essentially revs the engine at high RPMs to reduce wheel spin upon hitting the accelerator and it's supposed to give you a better launch. I can say the GT-Rs get a great launch off the line.

Anyone else notice this?
 
Yeah the GT-Rs acceleration is immense its so fast.
 
I've noticed that some cars, to get them to stop completely, you have to hold the brake. The GT-Rs are a good example of this. And when you hold the brake, the vehicle revs. Now, I've seen on Top Gear, that some cars actually have something called "Launch Control" which essentially revs the engine at high RPMs to reduce wheel spin upon hitting the accelerator and it's supposed to give you a better launch. I can say the GT-Rs get a great launch off the line.

Anyone else notice this?

That behavior happens with any of the non-clutch cars, or with every car if you have the game set to auto. When you take your foot off the brake in a real automatic car, it will move on its own, which is what the game is replicating.
 
I have it on Auto, but only certain cars do it. The GT-Rs are the major ones.
 
Back