Lazy Timer

• Thread starter NOSBLAST
  • 3 comments
Hey,
It seems that I often get a lazy timer during many of the races that I do. The last number (I think they are thousandths of a second) seems to always stop on a number (e.g. 2 or 9 etc.).
This is a pretty usual thing now but the strange thing is that on the lap time sheets and charts, it will usually have a different number on the right hand side of the lap time.
Is my disc lazy or is it partially broken?
Regards,
Nosblast
p.s. Discuss if this is happening for you too + I tried a search.

Hey,
It seems that I often get a lazy timer during many of the races that I do. The last number (I think they are thousandths of a second) seems to always stop on a number (e.g. 2 or 9 etc.).
This is a pretty usual thing now but the strange thing is that on the lap time sheets and charts, it will usually have a different number on the right hand side of the lap time.
Is my disc lazy or is it partially broken?
Regards,
Nosblast
p.s. Discuss if this is happening for you too + I tried a search.

It's just a quirk of how the game displays numbers and how often your screen refreshes. Your screen updates around 25 times a second - or once every 0.04 - so thousandths of a second can appear static on the timer. Your laptime reflects the real lap time.

This might have to do with the refresh rate of your TV or the framerate of the PS2 (whichever is lower). A normal TV refreshes 50 (PAL) or 60 (NTSC) times per second, thus it can never show 1000 numbers per second. This may give the impression of a lazy timer.

edit: Famine, you beat me to it :(

Back