LazyDonkey's Ultimate 550pp Tuning Shop ( PIC HEAVY ) [ NEW: Mazda RX7 & Lotus Sport 350]

Did you find my tune helpful?

• Total voters
Canada
Northern Ontario
St3alth_Frenzy
INTRO:
Hi, um, I don't really know where to start.
Basically I have been playing GT since I was 8 (First PS2 / game ). I loved the game, and still do. I'm not the worlds best player, but I do believe that I'm good enough to help out you guys / gals.

ANYWAYS, This thread will be dedicated to my tunes, the first post will hold all of them, so you might have to use Ctrl - F to find the car that you want.

If you want me to tune a car, Feel free to comment. I do have a life AFK, so it may take some time. But, I WILL get to your car soon enough (except if its a 20,000,000cr car)

Lazy. :gtpflag:

=======================================================================
Lexus IS-F 07 @ 550pp - RS

Lexus_IS_F_'07.jpg

Ok, the IS-F may not be the fastest car at 550pp (top speed), but its acceleration is superb compared to most other cars you will find online. It’s torque curve is super, a good low end, and an EPIC top end. It’s then mated to a 7 speed transmission, that when fully upgraded, can shift faster the the formula gt. The torque curve also allows the user to apply full throttle though turns, without the worry of spinning. Also, to top it off, the handling is great. It can turn at higher speeds than the McLaren MP4C, and the Ferrari 588. Then use its great acceleration to pull away in the straights. This car is not meant to be raced on long tracks with long straights, its ment to be raced on fun, small-med sized tracks that require agility,acceleration, and precision. This car lives up to and EXCELS at these things.

Now, this car does have some quirks too. It’s not very quick at top speed (it has a hard time getting to 340+km/h in final gear, it will get there, but not quickly). And, some say its quite ugly (I have been told that it looks like a sedan, with its front stretched longer than it should) I have also been told that it looks like a cat) Who wants to drive a cat?) ANYWAYS, to the TUNE. Da dum da dum da dummmmmmmmm. :gtpflag:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECS @ 550pp

Displacement – 4968cc

Max Power – 532hp@7900rpm

Max torque404.9ft/lbs@6200rpm

Drivetrain – FR

Aspiration – N,A

Length – 183in

Width – 73in

Height – 55.7in

Weight – 1299kg or 2709.5lbs
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TUNE

gt6tuneisf1_zps3bcc5599.jpg

gt6tuneisf2_zpsba713507.jpg

gt6tuneisf3_zpsad86aefd.jpg

gt6tuneisf4_zps1df43f10.jpg

gt6tuneisf5_zps09fb54ef.jpg

=======================================================================

Please fill out my poll, and if you like my tune (hit dat 👍 button), or have any suggestions, plz comment :cheers:

Last edited:
Ok, I've been trying this tune out for a little while, and I must say, it's fantastic! Nice neutral (if not slightly tail-happy) handling, neck-snapping acceleration and very quick to top speed. Few things I must point out though - using 1.218 at the 7th gear ratio means you will top out at 260km/h, and you get there ridiculously quickly, so I'd probably only use it on the tightest of tracks. I mean, even on tracks like Tokyo R246 or Apricot Hill I end up limiter bashing it before even half the main straight is over. I'll be using this tune in a 550pp V8 sedan race with some friends, I'll let you know how it goes on a longer track like Bathurst.

Last edited:
Ok, I've been trying this tune out for a little while, and I must say, it's fantastic! Nice neutral (if not slightly tail-happy) handling, neck-snapping acceleration and very quick to top speed. Few things I must point out though - using 1.218 at the 7th gear ratio means you will top out at 260km/h, and you get there ridiculously quickly, so I'd probably only use it on the tightest of tracks. I mean, even on tracks like Tokyo R246 or Apricot Hill I end up limiter bashing it before even half the main straight is over. I'll be using this tune in a 550pp V8 sedan race with some friends, I'll let you know how it goes on a longer track like Bathurst.

Yes, totally agree. I tuned this on deep forest raceway. For higher top speed, set 7 th gear to around 1.900, then set 6th gear a bit lower. That way, you accelerate fast to 200, then can climb to whatever you want.

RUF CTR2 @ 550pp & RS

Norge-8.jpg

During my GT4 days, this was my favorite car. It did any race that I had thrown at it. It also had 950+ hp in gt4, and for a 8 year old, thats a lot of power.

Well, times have changed, and so has the car. Its stock handling is CRAP. It oversteers everywhere at low speed, then understeers when on the brakes. But, I have rescued my favorite pastime car. SO here is the tune :

Spec's @ 550pp

Displacement : 3,600cc

Max Power : 540hp @ 6000rpm

Max Torque : 530.8ft-lb @ 5000rpm

Drivetrain : AWD

Aspiration : Turbo

Weight : 1296Kg

THE TUNE:
Ctr2sus_zpscafc4b77.jpg

Ctr2tra_zps79a7e10e.jpg

Ctr2lim_zpsd7dbd144.jpg

Ctr2power_zps0e20a11d.jpg

Ctr2body_zpsdd022140.jpg

Last edited:
Lotus Evora @ 550pp & RS

lotus_evora__09_by_ls_coloringlife-d5u3rxl.jpg

This car is ok in my standings. Its good at everything, but not great at anything. This mainly becomes apparent when racing online. The car just does not have enough power. it can keep up with others in the turns, but cant under acceleration. BUT, its REALLY FUN to drive. Its slightly tail-happy turning under braking make it fun around the corners. And it looks good doing it. This tune turns the car from wanting to spin 24/7, to a fun car for the casual gamer. The car is easy to get out of control on downhill turns, but I have managed to suppress that. Over all I give this car a 4/10. Fun, but not powerful enough.

PS; It comes in some really cool colors :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECS @ 550PP

Displacement : 3,456cc

Max Power : 509hp @ 7300rpm

Max Torque : 406ft/lb @ 5500rpm

Drivetrain/ Aspiration : MR/Na

Weight : 1285kg

TUNE:

evorasus_zps12381117.jpg

evoratrans_zps3ccc4e71.jpg

evoradiff_zps72c770a5.jpg

evorapower_zps16401fee.jpg

evorabody_zpse5914697.jpg

Last edited:
Pontiac Solstice Coupe 02 @ 550pp & RS / SS

2009_pontiac_solstice_gxp-pic-63070.jpeg

This tune is dedicated to the members of URC :sly:

Ok, Its not 550pp to be exact, its at 546pp maxed, but it competes very well at 550pp for a lower pp. It's acceleration is on par with my IS-F tune, and the corning speeds are too. Basically its a well rounded car. :)

SPECS @ 546pp

Displacement: 2,200cc
Max Power: 466hp @ 7000rpm
Max Torque: 435ft-lb @ 3500rpm
Train / Aspir: FR/SC
Weight: 1083kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.32 kg/HP

Tune:

solsticesusp_zpsf44f96ac.jpg

solsticetrans_zpsdf28a90b.jpg

solsticediff_zpsc7dfb23d.jpg

solsticepower_zps05ba8b3a.jpg

solsticebody_zps58efc672.jpg

Last edited:
Lotus Evora @ 550pp & RS

lotus_evora__09_by_ls_coloringlife-d5u3rxl.jpg

This car is ok in my standings. Its good at everything, but not great at anything. This mainly becomes apparent when racing online. The car just does not have enough power. it can keep up with others in the turns, but cant under acceleration. BUT, its REALLY FUN to drive. Its slightly tail-happy turning under braking make it fun around the corners. And it looks good doing it. This tune turns the car from wanting to spin 24/7, to a fun car for the casual gamer. The car is easy to get out of control on downhill turns, but I have managed to suppress that. Over all I give this car a 4/10. Fun, but not powerful enough.

PS; It comes in some really cool colors :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECS @ 550PP

Displacement : 3,456cc

Max Power : 509hp @ 7300rpm

Max Torque : 406ft/lb @ 5500rpm

Drivetrain/ Aspiration : MR/Na

Weight : 1285kg

TUNE:

evorasus_zps12381117.jpg

evoratrans_zps3ccc4e71.jpg

evoradiff_zps72c770a5.jpg

evorapower_zps16401fee.jpg

evorabody_zpse5914697.jpg
I was just checking about to see what was new and I stumbled on to this little peach. I loved this car so much before the 2.08 update wrecked it in GT5 and have just been smitten again.

This Evora tune is sooooo much fun, it can be pretty quick if it's shown a little respect and like lightning if you throw it about a bit. Just as well you only have to fork out for the tyres once. :lol:

Nice work @TheLazyDonkey 👍 You've made me a happy man!
:cheers:

Last edited:
Lotus Esprit Sport 350 @ 550pp RS/SS
lotus-esprit-sport-350-02.jpg

This is now my second fastest car @ 550pp (rx7 is faster). Its slightly tail happy mid corner, but its not totaly ruled by oversteer. Its fun to drive, and fast at the same time. It takes skill and some time to get used to, but rewards you with a fun time once you master it. It can get 49 second runs on Tsukuba, and get about 59 on Grand-Vally East. I give this car a 9/10, Fast and fun.

TUNE:
350susp_zps645a2271.jpg

350trans_zpsaa32bfd2.jpg

350power_zpsf5c11f97.jpg

Last edited:
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) @ 550pp & RS
2002_Mazda_RX7SpiritR2.jpg

This Is now my FAVE car. Its super fast @ 550pp, with a hp/kg ratio of only 2.16 ! Its cornering speed and handeling is superb, and its acceleration is great (not the fastest, but still great). Its able to outcorner the rocket for speed ! Basicaly, its only downside is that its mid corner understeer shows, but its start/end corner oversteer makes up for that. I will give it 10/10!

TUNE:
rx7550ppsusp_zps07626ef9.jpg

rx7550pptrans_zps5f8326ee.jpg

rx7550pppower_zpsa54f7aef.jpg

Last edited:
Going to try out the Lexus tonight and maybe the Lotus. Will let ya know how I do with them.. Im trying to tweak a Nuborring Lexus, any help with that would be appreciated.

Awesome Tunes. Lotus sticks to the track. Just need some personal driving techniques tweaks. The Lexus is strong. Will be trying the RX7 soon. Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see more from LazyDonkey Garage.

Awesome Tunes. Lotus sticks to the track. Just need some personal driving techniques tweaks. The Lexus is strong. Will be trying the RX7 soon. Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see more from LazyDonkey Garage.
thanks 👍

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) @ 550pp & RS
2002_Mazda_RX7SpiritR2.jpg

This Is now my FAVE car. Its super fast @ 550pp, with a hp/kg ratio of only 2.16 ! Its cornering speed and handeling is superb, and its acceleration is great (not the fastest, but still great). Its able to outcorner the rocket for speed ! Basicaly, its only downside is that its mid corner understeer shows, but its start/end corner oversteer makes up for that. I will give it 10/10!

TUNE:
rx7550ppsusp_zps07626ef9.jpg

rx7550pptrans_zps5f8326ee.jpg

rx7550pppower_zpsa54f7aef.jpg
Mate, that is the best RX-7 tune I have seen. Brilliant. So easy to drive and so quick, especially when you throw a T3 turbo at it. Keep up the fantastic work. Praiano, watch out!!

Mad understeer in that rx-7 , cars lovely under braking and fast in the straights , but has no rotation in the corners at all , found it nice to cruise about in but when it came to putting laps down and pushing the car that immense amount of mid/exit understeer just killed the tune and the lap times. Needs alot more rotation to show the tunes potential. Hops this isn't seen as down talking or dissing your tune because its not in the slightest. Thanks for look and run in your tune pal

Latest Posts

Back