LCC Rocket Spot Race Series (stock) - March 23rd, 10pm GMTOpen 

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 1,113 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
MC-Chase
LCC Rocket Series Logo.png

Hello all,

Welcome to the LCC Rocket Spot Race Series! This is a relaxed spot-race series; no need to commit to showing up weekly, no points, just put your name down, show up, and have some good racing. This weeks race is at Brands-Hatch Indy and starts on the 23rd of February at 10pm GMT SHARP - do your timezone conversion guys, everyone's welcome regardless of location. A 15 minute qualifying session will precede TBC laps of racing with AT LEAST one mandatory pit stop.

Room Rules

- Driving aids off other than ABS

- Grip set to real

- Slipstream strength weak or real (track dependent)

- No boost

- Vehicle modification prohibited

- Oxidiser prohibited

- Sports hard tires or less

- Tire/fuel degradation fast

- Damage weak

- Weather on when applicable

Total race time including qualifying will be around 60 minutes and the room will be open 30 minutes before qualifying starts.

Race Calendar

Laguna Seca; slipstream strength weak - January 5th

Monaco; slipstream strength weak - January 12th

Autumn Ring Reverse; slipstream strength weak - January 19th

Tsukuba; slipstream strength weak - January 26th

Streets Of Willow; slipstream strength real - 2nd February

Trial Mountain; slipstream strength real - 9th February

Silverstone Stowe Circuit; slipstream strength real - 16th February

Brands-Hatch Indy; slipstream strength real - 2nd March

Tsukuba MotoGP; slipstream strength weak - 9th March

Silverstone National Circuit; slipstream strength real - 16th March

Brands-Hatch GP; slipstream strength weak - 23rd March
Rules for racing

The likelihood is if you're reading this forum and are interested in joining for a few fun races then you are a competent and fair individual when it comes to online play. I don't want to lay any rules down other than be clean and have fun. If a significant amount of the field takes issue with how you drive in a race you will not be invited back to join in the fun next time, as simple as that. We've had no issues with driver conduct as of yet because the field is comprised of exceptionally fair and mature players – I intend for it to stay that way.

So, If you like these 390 kilos of fun-on-wheels and want to join in the fun then comment on the thread and/or send me a message on PSN saying something to the effect of “Let me join in on this race!”; and make sure to have added me on PSN (MC-Chase) to be able to join the race room on the day. Race room opens around 9.30pm, race starts at 10pm sharp!

Catch you all soon,

Chase.

LCC Rocket Series Schedule.png

Last edited:
Your welcome to join us at turtle racing league. Our league races 2 45 minute races, super clean, fast and a lot of fun, we do have those rocket cars in one of our upcoming schedule. Also turtle racing league enduro series runs spec racing by no tuning. Click on enduro series below in my signature and if you scroll down on the first page it will tell you everything how to join.

Thanks

Hope to see you there

Your welcome to join us at turtle racing league. Our league races 2 45 minute races, super clean, fast and a lot of fun, we do have those rocket cars in one of our upcoming schedule. Also turtle racing league enduro series runs spec racing by no tuning. Click on enduro series below in my signature and if you scroll down on the first page it will tell you everything how to join.

Thanks

Hope to see you there

Heh, looks good! I'm from the UK though sorry.

You can still race with us though.

Ill have to change that though.

We have racers from the U.K though that race with us

10PM EST is about 3am here in GMT ... I'll keep you posted, it looks like a great league, but that 3am thing might not be viable for me.

more than likely this car will become apart of the F1 community

You think so? I'm not sure how this would appeal to the F1 guys, with the total lack of downforce I think it's a totally different animal. I guess they're both tiny single seaters?

You think so? I'm not sure how this would appeal to the F1 guys, with the total lack of downforce I think it's a totally different animal. I guess they're both tiny single seaters?
they very well balanced though and have alot of grip. can't really hit bumps though :lol:. plus for a one liter engine they are insanely fast I've seen them doing 220+ on the straights. A very nimble little car. 👍 And they look like old GP cars kinda

they very well balanced though and have alot of grip. can't really hit bumps though :lol:. plus for a one liter engine they are insanely fast I've seen them doing 220+ on the straights. A very nimble little car. 👍 And they look like old GP cars kinda

Yeah absolutely. Put on some sports-hards and you're constantly trying to control the 4-wheel drifts, I really like that.

Yeah absolutely. Put on some sports-hards and you're constantly trying to control the 4-wheel drifts, I really like that.
:lol: Racing softs mate Racing softs :lol: and abit of a tune + nitrous will kinda be like push to pass if I were to make a league for this car but I'd wait to see if we get one of Senna's cars

:lol: Racing softs mate Racing softs :lol: and abit of a tune + nitrous will kinda be like push to pass if I were to make a league for this car but I'd wait to see if we get one of Senna's cars

Pthhh, racing softs :D? Too much traction, gotta go for the constant instability with these i reckon.

haha no thanks F1 is all about stability u could run CS tyres with the 07 and it would still do decent laps

The modern stuff is quite insane with all the aero and modern tire technologies, but in the 60's with none of the aero and primitive tires I think the sports hard are a more accurate 'hark' to that time. It's interesting you mention the F1 tie-in originally, i can see your point more clearly now with the RS tires; with that amount of traction I guess you could treat the rocket in a similar manner, a point-and-squirt, laying all the power down out of corners with the knowledge you have the traction to keep the tail straight.

The modern stuff is quite insane with all the aero and modern tire technologies, but in the 60's with none of the aero and primitive tires I think the sports hard are a more accurate 'hark' to that time. It's interesting you mention the F1 tie-in originally, i can see your point more clearly now with the RS tires; with that amount of traction I guess you could treat the rocket in a similar manner, a point-and-squirt, laying all the power down out of corners with the knowledge you have the traction to keep the tail straight.
yeah the rear doesn't really slip out like the real f1 cars did but when u get on the gas it spins the tires enough so that when they hook up the engine bogs down still trying to figure out how to tune that out :indiff:

Delete the thread? Me and watermelon are talking about potential opportunities for this series. While this thread exists on the forums it provides people who may be interested to join in and help get the ball rolling. It's doing no harm.

Delete the thread? Me and watermelon are talking about potential opportunities for this series. While this thread exists on the forums it provides people who may be interested to join in and help get the ball rolling. It's doing no harm.
He deleted his post...he's not asking you to delete your thread:dunce:

This car is the shizzle and it begs the question, why don't we have more open wheelers in GT?. F3, Formula Fords, old F1 and F2 cars...endless possibilities...hell just take the Rocket and duplicate the handling in a different fantasy body, throw in another 100 HP and it would be a whole different experience.

Yeah this is the closest thing we have to the antique open wheel. Ah well.
It's a fun car. I've been using it in a plethora of slumming it in career.
Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud? I don't have 1 million yet.

That's great Mark! Watermelonpunch has some experience organising leagues and knows a few others interested, I'll make sure to keep you posted if any progress is made. Hopefully with a couple more showing interest in this idea we'll have enough to get a field together.

Alrite guys, I'm going to edit the OP and hopefully start planning a time and date when we can all get on a preliminary session to get a feel for how it will all go if this (hopefully) goes regular.

On that note, could everyone drop down general times and days in which they're free? Please add your timezone aswell! It would be great if you could suggest a track for the first session too, along with your preferred choice of car colour (I already shotgun silver ;)).

I think it's probably best we stick with stock modifications with stock tires for the first session, but it would be good to get some feedback if this needs to be changed later. Maybe we could have a short 30 lap sprint with a mandatory pit stop or something to start off with - or whatever seems to be the most popular from suggestions.

Thanks,

Chase.

im free at different times so i cant say exactly when, and i am gold chrome

If you can't provide a time then you'll just have to hope you're available when we get a race date/time sorted. I'll mark you down anyway.

Back