LCD TV white blotch help please

• Thread starter .star.
  • 5 comments
DTF_Tuggernuts
Hey guys recently bought a new tv. Lg 55uj6200. Everything is essentially fine except in dark screens/pictures I have this white blotch in the corner.

I messed with picture settings but can’t seem to make it go away, is this a defect? Or something I can fix with change in settings

Hope these pics help. Dark screen and regular screen. It’s not noticeable really in bright lit scenes

Attachments

• 9D5819FC-4708-49E4-B333-1388FEA9701B.jpeg
    9D5819FC-4708-49E4-B333-1388FEA9701B.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 9998AC58-BD2E-4BA1-8141-31C5113A5A8A.jpeg
    9998AC58-BD2E-4BA1-8141-31C5113A5A8A.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 31
@neema_t is spot on. This is know as clouding or backlight bleed. LCD TV suffer with this to some extent or another. It also depends on the TV lighting.

If like my Sony TV is has LED's to the sides or some have them top and bottom this is more pronounced than a TV with FALD of (Full Array Local Dimming) which the LED's are arranged in zones directly behind the screen and turn on and off when needed. A quick but limited check doesn't really say what type apart from LED backlight. Based on the images I'd say its side lit and there is a fault with the panel or housing.

Personally I'd look around for ideal settings to start from or check out the picture settings thread towards the top of this forum and see if others settings for the backlight, gamma, brightness etc. help minimise the effect. If not then it maybe send back for replacement or another TV.

Thanks for the help guys, it was ordered online so kind of a pain to return lol. If I can’t at least “dumb it down” with the settings later I’ll return it

Hey guys recently bought a new tv. Lg 55uj6200.

How recently? I wouldn't mess about with settings, talk to the vendor about a return/replacement. Check your purchase small print (it'll be in the order email) for who has to cover carriage and insurance.

Back