Le Mans 24 hour questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcidicGhost
  • 7 comments
  • 813 views
Messages
100
Messages
acidicghost
I am planning on running the 24 hr of le mans starting to day, and I had a couple of questions:

1. Will a stock R10 be capable of winning?
2. If so what type of lap times do I need to be able to put down to have a chance?
3. If a stocker won't be good enough, would a mid or high turbo be needed to put me in a position to win?
4. Should I just say balls and run a 787B?
5. Any other tips or tricks?
 
1. Yes
2. under 3.30 on dry is enough to win
3. DNA
4. Both will do, it's a matter of preference
5. Be smooth with the tires. Prefer the soft over the hards. Pick some good music and play it louder when you feel tired.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the answers.

Is it the Pescarolo that is running in the low 3:30's or is another car the pacer?

Since there are no other diesels in the field, will I be able to run longer between stops if I can keep the tires fresh?
 
The Pescarolo will probably be the biggest threat, but not by much because the AI driving it is always loosing time in his last lap before pitting in.

In my race the Pescarolo finished 2nd but the Bentley and the R8 still were in the same lap.

Actually there is another R10 so you might not be alone in a diesel. Speaking of it, I remember the R10 was also running in my 24 Hr and finished only 1 lap behing the Pescarolo and indeed was catching up in the long run due to lesser fuel consumption. Pescarolo stopped every 11 laps, Bentley every 12, R10 every 13 or 14 iirc (AI is using mediums).

If you're smooth with the tires you'll be amazed how long they can last without hurting your lap times.
 
Right on, thanks again for the answers. Now I am off to do some practice and setup. Going to start my race at 4 p.m. for the proper atmosphere.

Lets go Audi!
 
I would suggest the 787B...

I ran the Le Mans with my Stealth 787B... Most fun beast i've ever driven :D

Best lap time I could get was 2.56.845 with Racing Softs and DS3.
 
But that is overkill. I don't want to run away with it, otherwise I would fire up the X2010 and get it over with. During my testing so far I am on average a quarter second slower than the R8 in second while being very humane on my tires. If I wanted to push I could go faster, but I want to get my stint timing down so that I will pit less and win through that means as opposed to raw speed.
 
It's good to see people do these enduro's and actually have fun with them and not just try to get them over with.

Not sure if this is a good tip, but this is what I do with enduros...

I pick a car, something I ENJOY driving, and I set it up so that I run pretty equal times with the leader on Medium tires. This takes a few laps of testing. Once I feel good about that, I start the race. From there you can "manipulate" the competition by switching to Hard tires if I'm "too fast" for the AI and Soft tires when I need to make some time up. In comparison to Medium tires, you generally lose about 2 seconds on Hard tires, and gain about 2 seconds on Softs. Keep tabs on your distance from the car your racing for the win, and change tires compounds as needed to adjust competition level.

That being said, I usually start on hard tires and put myself in a hole that way I can spend the second half of the race very very motivated and playing catch up with the leaders. This works great on the "shorter" endurance races (Green Valley, Laguna Seca) but I haven't tried it on a 24hr race yet.

P.S. Have fun and good luck!
 
Back