Le Mans 24-Hr, A-Spec.

• Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 17 comments
England
Essex
CWM_StormPacer
I'm thinking of running the Mazda Furai in the 24 Hr of Le Mans for sometime soon, purely because I'm kinda fed up with not having it done. I was gonna make it somewhat of a challenge and go with the car I mentioned.

I wanted to ask if this was pretty much a suicidal waste of time?

I'm thinking of running the Mazda Furai in the 24 Hr of Le Mans for sometime soon, purely because I'm kinda fed up with not having it done. I was gonna make it somewhat of a challenge and go with the car I mentioned.

I wanted to ask if this was pretty much a suicidal waste of time?

Trophies are never a waste of time!

best way to find out is to use the 24 hour guide that was posted up here and check the laptimes, iirc it was around the 3.14-3.20 mark in the dry and 4-4.10 mark in the wet you need to be achieving in order to be competitive :) best of luck

Shoe did a neat guide on LeMans.

I did it a fortnight ago in a C60 Judd Hybride -

When I tested the Furai it as a great car but it lacks ultimate top end speed... and so you lap times will struggle to match the full banana LMP cars.

When I ran my AI only did 380 total laps but I was pulling 4 lap stints every 15 or so minutes on RS/RM tyres in a dry race. (Out lap - two hot laps in the 3m28-3m38 area and an In Lap)

HOWEVER - didn't PD just alter the tyre wear and downforce levels? In which case my two week old information will be useless.

Thanks for mentioning my thread. I do realize that I need to rerun all of the cars :grumpy: but I believe the Furai would be possible in a tuned version, and of you have enough rain during the race...I'm planning to run this race for a 4th time with a xj13, which is even slower than the Furai...so it should definitely be possible

See, I thought it might. I won on B-Spec thanks to 12 hours of rain, decent enough coaching and back when the tyre wear was as it was before the update. Sleeping put me at a bit of a pinch but with the other cars pitting every few laps because they were so tired out/dodgy driver management from A.I., I cruised to victory later on. I wrote an account of the events ages ago and kept hold of them until I posted it here in April of this year.

Wow, though, you're going to try using the XJ13? Kudos to you. I was contemplating the Vertigo, but I think I've added something I can't take off that's really made the car worse in corners than originally possible....

Shoe, what's the "slowest" car you've won it with, by the way?

Well, I've won Le mans in 787b, r10, and the r390. R390 was the slowest. Although, I did a 2 hour test in a viper gtsr concept (standard) and was 2mins ahead...so I guess it could be possible with that as well as other street cars such as the veyron, gt by Citroen (non electric), ACR viper, vette zr1, enzo(maybe), and the Furai

I see.... I have that car, I just haven't used it. Surprised it's the Slowest though. I'd have thought the R10 would have been. I used the R390 road car in a test and I think it was holding out well. I used the Zonda R too and it won, although it was at 900+ bhp. The Minolta smashed it by miles, but it was at 1000 bhp so it was a given really.

I'm definitely going to start this soon. Though, with MS Word out of commission for the moment and the nights getting colder, might be a tad pointless to write a full report, especially given where the PS3 is actually set up. The PS3 might break down on me if I leave it too late to do it. :(

1. there isn't a car in GT5 called x1 (do you mean x2010 or x2011?)
2. horrible advice. you'll want to gouge your eyes out after 3 hours.

Use the x1 if you got it.
Uhh.... here's the quote from the First Post: See quote below...

I was gonna make it somewhat of a challenge and go with the car I mentioned.

The X1 (as it's also known as, other than X2010 or X2011), even with no downforce, highest weight AND lowest bhp is still much much quicker than anything else. Not good advice.

Back