Le Mans 24 hr AI lap times

• Thread starter racefan88
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
racefan8850
Hello, Im fairly new here, im hoping that i am posting this in the right section.
I am about to do my 4th Le Mans 24 hour race this time with the 908. Being as I am already a level 40 I do not really care if I win or lose as long as it is close. I searched around and couldn't find anything, does anyone know a ball park of what lap times the different AI cars run?

Thanks in advance, and Ill post the race report after I get started

I've just finished it with an Audi R8 coming second.

The Audi was running around 3.33 on 0% wet. 100% wet I'm not so sure, maybe around 4.05-4.10?

Over the course of the race I had about 4 hours of hard rain and six hours of showers with the Audi finishing 377 laps.

Perhaps this is more related to my driving but I found I was able to gain a lot of time while the track was getting wetter, but couldn't keep up at all when the track was getting drier.

Hour 1
I have started the race spun coming out of the mulsanne corner and was behind by 20 seconds at the end of lap 5 the leaders pitted and I continued for a sixth lap, had to nurse the tires through the end of it and pitted at the end of lap 6 with a 16 second lead. On my second stint i spin in the porsche curves on old tires during lap 12. The competition is getting 5 laps per stint I am getting 6. It appears I am averaging 1-2 seconds a lap quicker throughout the stint. A change in pit strategy will be evaluated over then next hour. 16 laps are complete as we head into the second hour.

Hour 2
After one more big off at mulsanne when I missed my brake point I finally settled into a rhythm. I settled into 4th place, at the end of lap 24 and 91 minutes in I pitted behind by 1:33. I am still running 6 lap stints while the competition does 5 lap stints. Therefore I will be making up time in the pits. I exited the pit in 4th place. Continued incident free until the end of the second hour where I spun on my in lap erasing all the time I had made up. I pitted on lap 36 behind by 1:24. It is a very long race so there is plenty of time to close the gap

Last edited:
Back