Le Mans 24 hr attempts b-spec

• Thread starter Kennyisgod
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
england
Having read many threads on here about the race i finally decided to give it ago. First attempt i used the Minolta Toyota fully tuned and set the max speed to 240. Started in the dry using RH rear and RS front, i basically left it too it. It rained for the final 4 hours bit i won by 7 laps with very little baby sitting mainly because the AI pitted every lap for the last 6 hours or so.

So second attempt, i thought id try the Peugeot HDi, again starting on RH and RS combo. Turned out to be a totally dry race and i won by 10 or so laps with very little baby sitting. Again very easy.

Third attempt i kept reloading until the race started 100% wet, more of a challenge i hoped. I used the Nissan R92CP and for the first 6 wet hours it was very close between the top 5, Bentley 2 R8's and a Pesky Hybrid. Then the track started to dry, got too 70% and all the AI switched to RM and surprise surprise spent the next few laps spinning off. I kept too inters until the track reached 35%, switched to RH RS combo and roard away. I've 2 hours left and i'm 14 laps in front and sagain the AI is pitting every single lap.

Le Mans has been very disaapointing just how easy it is. The AI needs fixing to make this an actual challenge. I hope Nurburg is more of a challenge.

Its not that easy, if you use an even matched car as the AI.
Using a Minolta, a 908 and the R92CP race car is using way better cars then the AI.
Try using a Bentley Speed 8 (or any of the same cars as the AI's) with matching PP as the AI, and racing hards.

It'll give you more of a challenge.

Its not that easy, if you use an even matched car as the AI.
Using a Minolta, a 908 and the R92CP race car is using way better cars then the AI.
Try using a Bentley Speed 8 (or any of the same cars as the AI's) with matching PP as the AI, and racing hards.

It'll give you more of a challenge.

I started off with RH back and front but i found the R8's were signiigantky quicker than my bob on full cool dowm mode. As i did nt want to sit and babysit for 24 hours i tired different tyre combo's until i stumbled on the incredibly quick and durable RH-RS combo.

I don'y have Bentley but i do have a Merc and some R8's which i'll try with.

Thanks for the reply mate, appreciated.

I used a Mazda Furai in my attempt with a rain start, and I spent roughly 15 hours of coaching out of the full 24 hours. If you want to know how it went, and fancy a read of something with quite a bit of detail, I got a thread posted here already from a few days ago.

If you want a challenge, try with that car. I'm not sure how it'd go with the new updates, but RS(F)-RH(R) looked promising when I did a little practice run for an hour. You will need to coach the race though, but how much will be entirely on how well the car is doing, but only try this on your day off.... if that is any indication to go by.

Back