Le Mans Car Battles!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Law93
  • 23 comments
  • 1,280 views

What car is THE LM choice?

  • Mazda 787B

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Sauber Mercedes C9

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Bentley Speed 8

    Votes: 4 7.1%
  • BMW V12 LMR

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Audi R8

    Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Pescarolo Peugeot C60

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Nissan R92CP

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Toyota Minolta 88C-V

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Nissan R89C

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toyota GT-One (TS020)

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Nissan R390 GT1 LM

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peugeot 905 Le Mans

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Pescarolo Courage C60

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Jaguar XJ-R9

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    56
Messages
898
Canada
Vancouver, BC, Canada
from the post i made about the mazda 787B vs. the playstation pescarolo, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83666 i'm wondering which LM car will win out of all the choices on this poll.

and can i add that this thing may become something new on GTP! :sly:

~GT4 LM CAR BATTLES~
 
Im guessing car battles are the same as comparisons, so no, it wont be anything new.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83325

You could just edit a poll into your other thread.....

And you've missed some LM/Group C cars out of the poll.

Nissan R390 GT1
Peugot 905
 
George Morley
Im guessing car battles are the same as comparisons, so no, it wont be anything new.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83325

You could just edit a poll into your other thread.....

And you've missed some LM/Group C cars out of the poll.

Nissan R390 GT1
Peugot 905

i didn't add those cars because from what i see they're not really favorites...:indiff:
 
To some people they may be, I'm a big 905 fan.
 
I've enjoyed most of my success, and a lot of fun, from the Bentley Speed 8...so that's my choice
 
George Morley
To some people they may be, I'm a big 905 fan.

sorry about that.....

well to people who don't see their car choice in the poll, may they please just name the car on their post 👍
 
Pescarolo PlayStation C60, my favo between al the LM cars... but I like many of them, but this one the most
 
You should make a option saying other (please state in thread)
 
Nissan R92CP, its the fastest from choice, and I can make the best lap times with it, better laps than r8 & 787b.

George Morley
To some people they may be, I'm a big 905 fan.

Me too, I dont think that slow gearing is a serious problem, its so fast around corners! And it also looks very cool, the 905 would be my choice.:sly:
 
George Morley
To some people they may be, I'm a big 905 fan.

I've used it for variety's sake, but what's up with that Puge. It shifts strangely. Some sort of lag from gear to gear.

What is it that you really like about it? Just curious. It has great fuel consumption and is gentle on tires, but in AI it always becomes a backmarker. You like underdogs, maybe?

When I get a chance I'm going to try some more racing with it but in the poll I'm going with a boring overdog, the Minolta Toyota.
 
ok, actually, i think i did this poll too early.....i wasn't really aware of all the other choices........sorry guys
 
SirBerra
I've used it for variety's sake, but what's up with that Puge. It shifts strangely. Some sort of lag from gear to gear.

What is it that you really like about it? Just curious. It has great fuel consumption and is gentle on tires, but in AI it always becomes a backmarker. You like underdogs, maybe?

many people (me includingly) like the car because of its performance in real life, where it's one hell of a racer. so generally the 905 is highly regarded by everybody who gives a damn about the le mans series.
 
darkblu
many people (me includingly) like the car because of its performance in real life, where it's one hell of a racer. so generally the 905 is highly regarded by everybody who gives a damn about the le mans series.

Good enough reason but I really meant the GT4 vehicle. I never even saw the 905 in the real world. I don't get a chance to see much in the way of LeMans coverage in the U.S. I believe I stopped following LeMans way back during the era of the Porsche dominance. I'll read the wiki info and maybe take some interest in the 905.
 
C5-R isn't in the list. Chevy V8 all the way!!!! I'm not up to endurance racing yet but that's my car of choice.
 
S!Lpheed
C5-R isn't in the list. Chevy V8 all the way!!!! I'm not up to endurance racing yet but that's my car of choice.

The C5R won't win or even compeat against LMP's or group C's.
 
I've always loved the Camaro LM. Sure, it can't keep up with the prototypes, but it can keep up with likes of the C5R, Oreca Viper, and the Ford GT LMs just fine, and IMHO, handles better than any of them.

But the 787B and GT-One tie for my all-time favorites. The GT-One from Gran Turismo 2 introduced me whole LM class of cars, and the 787B is just a beautiful race car (and in black nothing comes close) that performs as well as it looks, and sounds great doing it.
 
The Peugot 905, does'nt become a backmarker, at the best it can come 1st, but average is 3rd-4th
 
GT-ONE for me, I love to clip the bumper of the BMW V12 LMR in the Sarthe enduros to recreate '99 race at Le Mans, beautiful race it was!
 
:sly: GT-ONE BABY!!!!!! 👍
 
The Toyota GT-One is a high contender; Remarkable design and Ultra-fast.

But then again, so is the Bentley Speed 8 which won the 2003 Le-Mans.
 
if you all don't know,in real life c60 is faster then r8:sly: 👍 :dopey:
 
Sadly reliability cursed them. Meanwhile Audi always dominated with weight penalties and restrictions. ;)
 
Back