• Le Mans

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Nurburgring

Votes: 59 73.8%

• Total voters
Denmark
Denmark
MrMaTaZZZ
The two greatest tracks is in the world but which is best? and you fav in gt5? :) and which track has the best 24 Hour race :)

Last edited:
I'm never gonna do the 24 hour races, so not gonna answer that. But I know the Nurb by heart, so I'm gonna vote that.

Track: Nürburgring
Race: 24h of Nürburgring

I love both races but I have a feeling that 24h of Nurb is more of a...it's just not as professional as 24h of Le Mans, I mean the feeling I get is that a victory at 24h LM is more valued than a victory at 24h Nurb.
But, I love watching both races and, the way I see it - 24h LM is like UEFA Champion's League finals and 24h Nurb is like watching the team you support play against their biggest rival.
I'll vote for the 2nd option.

Also, I don't think this should be in GT5 section, it's not GT5 related at all.

Nurburgring as a track.
LeMans 24 hours as a race.

The best answer so far. In term of quality, you cannot beat Le Mans- Prototype machines alongside GT race cars with the best drivers in the world in one single race.

While Nurburgring is a much more challenging track and because of that there's limitation to the type of cars that can race there. While it might be possible, I don't think it's advisable for any of the current LMP cars to race at Nurburgring 24 hour race.

In its current form, Nurburgring 24 hour is more geared towards grassroots racers and while you have the quantity (almost 200 cars compete in the last couple of years), the quality is not quite as high as Le Mans. And while there are classes to separate the cars, they are all GT/production car derived race cars.

For spectators- Le Mans is made for TV (both figuratively and literally)- everything from the track to the cars. Nurburgring on the other hand is a bit too closed in and with all the cars, it can gets a bit confusing and overwhelming even to the most ardent race fans.

Nurb for me. Le Mans has a glorious history but the track's been neutered to death and the LMP protos these days combine the worst of both worlds by being both lightyears removed from street cars and slower than GP2s even on their home turf. The Ring has real cars, the most grueling track in the world and all the currywurst you could possibly want.

2158d1050736478-thread-rocks-thread-this_thread_rocks.jpg

The Nordschleife is a much better track. But the 24 Heures du Mans is a much better race, so yea... I just won't vote lol

Actually I like Le Mans more in terms of difficulty
its this one turn ( with all hud off )
I can never stick
im either too slow or too fast and go into the sand

I say that winning the 24hrs of Le Mans gives you more glory, but winning the 24hrs of Nurburgring must be more rewarding. I vote for Nurburgring

I prefer Le Mans due to being familiar with it but Nurburgring is fun with the right car and set up.

I personally think the 24hr race and its history is what makes the track great. Not the track itself (which is overated IMHO). Still awesome that its included in GT5 given its a real world track.

The shleife however is the greatest bit of tarmac known to man.

I agree with those who say the Le Mans 24hr is the better race but the Nurburgring is the better track...to drive.
The Nurburgring doesn't appear the greatest "racing" track as a spectator, I wasn't enthralled watching the telecast, it is driver vs track more than driver vs driver, plus as said the oddball regulations that it is run under currently makes it different.
Le Mans is a majestic fight between Man, Machine, Track and the clock in equal measure(at least this year's was) it's a pity we can't naturally experience that on GT5 though.

Nurburgring as a track,
but watching LMPs battle it out on Le Sarthe is just more epic (I watched all 24 hours of the 2011 race :P)

The Nurburgring.

It's one of the world's.... No, let me rephrase this, one of the modern world's(20th century) greatest wonder of all time! :sly: :D

I voted for the track because this is far more challenging track and it's a fiercer contender of putting man and machine vs. the road, the suspense of many corners back and forth almost in every direction and elevation. The driver nervous about crashing on this mighty beast called the "green hell", but he's has the skill, the courage, to prevail and dominate the track with a nice time record of course. :D And in the 24hrs of the Ring, you got the track, weather, time of day, and almost over 200 cars and many drivers to think about also, now that's a plus for the ring there.

Yes, I agree with others about Sarthe and the 24hrs of LeMans, and I love to see Group C/GT1/LMP cars shooting down the Muslanne in their top speeds, and the victory that the top three cars/drivers/teams expierence when they owned this grueling endurance is priceless, but compare it to the winners of the ring, I do believe it's much more.

And I love both tracks equally. But this is my .02.

@spartan0189: you watched the WHOLE race with no breaks(bathroom, sleep, eating etc.) and manage to shut down your phone, internet, games and everything else for LeMans?! Get him a medal and a cookie! :P :lol: :sly:👍

Last edited:
I'm resurrecting this old thread to see if it gets new additional votes and especially 'cause imho both circuits are without a doubt the top two endurance races and tracks of all time, at least to me they are. I've done so many runs in GT4-GT5 at both these circuits I've totally lost count and could picture them easily in my sleep including every old bump and grind. In fact, the only two videos I currently have posted on my YouTube channel are two of my favorite GT5 cars which have real history at these circuits. For the Le Mans I did choose the old circuit with no chicanes as to be accurate to the Ford's Mark IV's 1967 history. For the ring a must go went to the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport '11 with it's class winning history in 2011, as well and of course Kaz being one of those class winning drivers ,which I think is really cool. All and all I had to vote for the Ring, cause like the saying goes, it's green hell ! I sure wish they would show the whole 24 hours of the Ring on TV here in the States. That reminds me to send that request to Velocity Channel who covered the Le Mans for us in the States this year.

My videos described above can be found in a newer GTP thread here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-realism-nürburgring-le-mans-de-la-sarthe.377274/#post-12291223

Last edited:
Back