League Racing Brainstorm

Switzerland
Derby
CQR Myles
For GTPlanet or what ever group you race with, what events would you organise or get involved in?
I've already seen someone brainstorming ideas for a GT3-GT4 twilight race at watkins Glen for example.

I had the idea of doing a BTCC race weekend
BTCC (obviously)
Renault Clio Cup
Formula Ford (Forumula Rookie)
Ginetta Super Cup
RUF Carrera Cup of Great Britain
icon_cool.gif

Ginetta Juniors
A great way to waste an entire weekend!

Will there be a driver rating system for online racing would be my first question.

Yes, there will be a driver safety rating system, similar to iRacing's system. You can also set your lobby up to refuse access to those below a certain standard. The SR rating will take into consideration incidents that you were involved in, whether it was your fault or not.

I'd love to organize a WEC championship. Just need to have the Toyota TS040 added to the line-up, and the P1 category is good to go (Porsche won't happen for obvious reasons).

P2 category has a few cars as well, and GT3 cars will probably have to stand in for GTE cars.

Of course this is assuming the game will support proper multi-class racing.

Yes, there will be a driver safety rating system, similar to iRacing's system. You can also set your lobby up to refuse access to those below a certain standard. The SR rating will take into consideration incidents that you were involved in, whether it was your fault or not.

I haven't looked into this on the WMD forums, but what's stopping people for just making new profiles if they get a bad rep? That's assuming that you can make multiple profiles, otherwise I can see a troll buying a new copy just to get another account so he can refresh his "fun."

You couldn't do that on consoles, also improvong rating based on clean driving rather than finishing possition (that is how it works, right?) is a good idea

Last edited:
I haven't looked into this on the WMD forums, but what's stopping people for just making new profiles if they get a bad rep? That's assuming that you can make multiple profiles, otherwise I can see a troll buying a new copy just to get another account so he can refresh his "fun."

It will be linked to your Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam ID, not the profile, so unless you wanted to fork out another £40 just to reset you SR, it's unlikely to happen. Also, if you set a minimum SR on your lobby, it will make sure he can't spread his certain brand of 'fun' to you.

You couldn't do that on consoles, also improvong rating based on clean driving rather than finishing possition (that is how it works, right?) is a good idea

Why couldn't you do that on the consoles? It's really quite easy when you think about it. Everybody's GT/PSN ID/Steam ID get's stored on a central server (no personal info, just the title), and has a rating alongside it. When you enter online, the lobby system pulls up the info off the database (basically like a leaderboard system that has everyone's fastest lap) and uses it as an additional piece of info. When you enter a race, the race director creates a log file with everyone's GT, SR rating, SR incidents, SR+/- and fastest lap. Each incident creates an SR incident (including going off the road, cutting corners, rage quitting, disconnects, etc.) which goes into the log file. At the end of the race, the log file goes to the central database and merges, meaning an instant update of your SR. That's how the fastest lap updates at the moment.

As someone who has been into league racing for a few years (GT5-6) one feature that I've always wanted is the ability to choose which tuning mods are allowed instead of only having tuning on or off. Eg allow gearbox and aero tuning only.
I am unsure what level of car modification will be included in Pcars but if it is anything like GT then this would be a great feature for league racing as it would give more versatility when setting up a championship

There are no tuning modifications of any kind in the game, only the settings can be changed (spring rates, camber, anti roll bars, etc).

Does that mean that the gear ratios are not adjustable either?

I'm thinking a Le Mans-style event. Prototypes and GT3 cars (I think the GT2 M3 can be squeezed in there as well). I have done a couple of these types of races in GT6, and they seem to work.

I'll definitely be adding a pCARS series to my league that I've been running for the past few years through Forza 4 and Forza 5.

No matter what I do, GT3 cars will be the foundation, whether it be just GT3 or multi-class. I'm very excited about the GT3 car list for this game, and I hate not having any in FM5.

I'd like to do a multi-class series, but I'm not 100% certain on what I'd use for the other class. A DTM/GT3 series would be my first choice and do a sort of World Super GT series, but the lack of the other two modern DTM cars has me iffy on that set up. Other possibilities I'm considering are GT1/GT3, GT3/GT4 or GT3/BTCC.

Excited for November to roll around so I can test out all the possibilities.

Really cool ideas so far! :D Personally I'd love to have a series with a multiclass field of LMP1, GT3, and GT4 cars with a mix of mini-enduro and sprint races.

Back