LEC POLLS: by what criteria you make your choice?

Vanutau
Isola della Tontola
A couple of simple questions, out of curiosity:
1) what do you think is most aesthetically important to make you choose and appreciate a livery rather than another? (originality, colorfulness, graphic virtuosity, you name it).
2) how important is the car model? After all, it's a bit like fashion, a lovely frock worn by an unattractive girl... I'm sure you know what I mean.

Last edited:
What works for me is the whole package, when you look at something and you end up saying to yourself: "man, how did he achieve that?" or "I wish I had that idea!". In other words, it has to be beautiful, simple and yet unexpected.

In my case, it is easier to point out what drives me out of picking a livery actually. VGTs are a big nope for me, it is extremely rare that I find some design interesting around any of those cars, specially the most sci-fi ones. And, usually, liveries that make a car as something it isn't, like applying decals to shoehorn a MP4/4* on the Lotus also doesn't work for me.

* Or any current F1 at the Dalara, Nascars on Mustangs and etc.

Last edited:
A couple of simple questions, out of curiosity:
1) what do you think is most aesthetically important to make you choose and appreciate a livery rather than another? (originality, colorfulness, graphic virtuosity, you name it).
2) how important is the car model? After all, it's a bit like fashion, a lovely frock worn by an unattractive girl... I'm sure you know what I mean.

When someone absolutely nails the given theme.

Sometimes I put an entry in and it's only after I see other entries a week or so later I go
"Oh ****, that's what this theme was about." Then I normally vote for that entry.

I usually vote for the stuff that just appeals to me the most and car choice doesn‘t really matter if the design itself is good.
There are some nopes for me, too. For example GT500 numberboards on a GT3 car or confusing and competing sponsors on the same car. In general nopes for me are just things that are unrealistic not in terms of the design but in terms of logic :D

I hope I don't sound negative, but the standards are usually so high, I try to find reasons not to vote for people (as the entries come into the thread I make mental notes) by looking for imperfections or something that looks like the creator hasn't paid attention to an area.
For example a decal gets stretched unrealistically or bleeds through some bodywork.

I hope I don't sound negative, but the standards are usually so high, I try to find reasons not to vote for people (as the entries come into the thread I make mental notes) by looking for imperfections or something that looks like the creator hasn't paid attention to an area.
For example a decal gets stretched unrealistically or bleeds through some bodywork.
That‘s an interesting approach and it would be a "nice" thing if you shared some of those thoughts in the poll thread so the creators get to know why they didn‘t get a lot of votes or what they could improve/work on :cheers:

That‘s an interesting approach and it would be a "nice" thing if you shared some of those thoughts in the poll thread so the creators get to know why they didn‘t get a lot of votes or what they could improve/work on :cheers:
I'd like to think people would take it as advice rather than criticism, but I don't know if my own standards are good enough to be the one to point things out. Especially considering my own poor performances in recent polls! Maybe I'll try it if I see something in an up-coming contest.

I'd like to think people would take it as advice rather than criticism, but I don't know if my own standards are good enough to be the one to point things out. Especially considering my own poor performances in recent polls! Maybe I'll try it if I see something in an up-coming contest.

I don't think your own performance is relevant to give a feedback. Just as you we all spend a long time to create a livery and giving back some attention is always appreciated.

Back