Lee's `Enter the Dragon' to get remake

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 9 comments
  • 725 views

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Moderator
Messages
37,262
United States
Addison,Texas
Messages
GTP_RACECAR
Bruce Lee's classic 1973 film, "Enter the Dragon," will be remade by Warner Bros.
The remake, to be titled "Awaken the Dragon," will be written and directed by Kurt Sutter, producer of "The Shield" TV series. It will be released by Warner Independent Pictures. Full story here
I have seen the original "Enter The Dragon" and I loved it, But I feel that this movie won't be as good or better then the original. Tell me your thoughts. WIll it be hit? Will it be a flop?
 
Just don't put Jackie Chan in it...
 
When will Hollywood stop resurrecting good movies?
 
Apparently it dosen't look like they are gonna stop anytime soon as I heard on G4 that There is also a Remake of "Escape from New York"(I think thats the title) in the works with the lead actor from the movie "300" as the main character. I'm starting to think Hollywood just should stop making movies at all if they can't make good ones or do just horrible with resurrecting old classics. The best thing I've seen come out is "Transformers" and maybe potentially "Halloween".
 
Being the die hard Bruce lee fan that I am I would advise them to leave it alone, as its perfectly fine the way it is. Who would they replace Bruce Lee with? not Jackie Chan...Not Jet Li, god no! Hollywood needs to be back off, if only Lee was still alive...
 
Apparently it dosen't look like they are gonna stop anytime soon as I heard on G4 that There is also a Remake of "Escape from New York"(I think thats the title) in the works with the lead actor from the movie "300" as the main character. I'm starting to think Hollywood just should stop making movies at all if they can't make good ones or do just horrible with resurrecting old classics. The best thing I've seen come out is "Transformers" and maybe potentially "Halloween".

Isn't that another series that's been remade to death? I mean, is there anyone who still doesn't understand the basic story of Halloween? Hollywood must think there is.
 
Isn't that another series that's been remade to death? I mean, is there anyone who still doesn't understand the basic story of Halloween? Hollywood must think there is.

What the hell's Halloween?
 
Well, the sad thing is... rehashing stuff and ruining cult-favorites (like the Transformers) isn't entirely new... we've had "Dick Tracy", "He-man", "Popeye" and even "Flash Gordon" (terrific music, though...)... even that terrible "Spiderman" live-action on TV back in the 80's.

Hollywood hasn't had an original idea in decades. It's a good thing we have new people bringing in ideas from time to time, otherwise they'd run out of ideas to bastardize and rehash.
 
Back