Legal mp3 download service neededMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ethix101
  • 4 comments
  • 558 views
Messages
2,157
I'm looking for a legal mp3 downloading service to subscribe to. I'm thinking about signing up for either Musicnow.com or the new Napster service. I think Musicnow.com is like $9.50 per month with unlimited downloads, but I'm not sure if you can actually download the music..or if you just play it off their site. Napster has an even weirder setup as you purchase tracks, but then it says in the TOS
"A "Purchased Track" is a Track that you may (1) save to your hard drive and play back at any time, (2) burn to a CD and/or (3) transfer to a compatible portable device. Any security technology that is provided with a Purchased Track is an inseparable part of it. If you have Purchased Tracks, it is your responsibility not to lose, destroy or damage them. Napster shall have no liability to you in the event of any such loss, destruction, or damage.

You may burn each Purchased Track to a CD up to five times as part of any particular playlist of songs. A "playlist" is a discrete group of Purchased Tracks that are arranged together in a particular order. Once you have burned a Purchased Track to a CD, you agree not to copy, distribute, or transfer the track from that CD to any other media or device."

...which seems really lame to me. Does anybody have another service they'd recommend for LEGAL music downloading?


-Mark
 
I could do that, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to pay $9.50 per month to download the songs that I want than to pay $18.50 for a CD that I may not even like more than one song off of. If I really like a band, I don't mind spending the money to their CD, but there are a lot of cases where I just want a specific song.
For example, I like that new song by Ludacris that I keep seeing on MTV, but that's the only song off the CD that I want. I don't mind paying money to download the song legally, but there's no way I'm going to spend that $18.50 to go buy the CD when that's the only song I want.


-Mark
 
I think there making a pc version of I music, and Tech TV gave the new Napster a good review.;)
 
Back