Legitimate GTA Online money making?

• Thread starter Rossell2
  • 16 comments
Rossell2
Hi chaps. I'm sure there's already a thread for this somewhere. But aside from the obvious freeroam events / heists / selling cars etc. Why don't we post here effective tips we've found for making the moolah. I'm personally interested to hear about being a VIP. If you're in an empty lobby can you start piracy prevention etc?

Let me know what you think :-)

Legitimate money making? Hmm... well, you could start a freelance taxi service, picking people up and taking them to their destination (in a fully road legal vehicle, and following all traffic laws, of course).

But seriously, I'm on last gen so I don't have access to VIP stuff, so heists are still the best option for me. I know that's not too helpful, so I'll elaborate on particular heists - I don't play with friends too often, so I'm generally playing with randoms, and for that I like to accept invites to the very first setup of the Humane Labs heist (Key Codes, I think?). You really do have to be completely incompetent to fail that particular setup, even with randoms, and it's pretty short so it's generally a very easy 20k if it appears in my invites. If I'm looking for more money, I'll wait until a Prison Break Finale invite comes up, which I believe has the highest success rates for any finale if you're playing with randoms.

As far as the VIP thing goes, I have been alternating between sightseer and hostile take over. Grinding those two and occasionally selling one of the custom Sentinels, I can usually top 500k or better during my 4 hours of VIPness...

I'm astonished I haven't had anyone hold out for more cash on a 70/30 split for the Fleeca finale, and that's $100k right there for me with the $11k starting fee and, oh, half an hour for the full run relying on invited randoms.

It might not make for the most money, but I really enjoy doing LTS missions for good GTA Money. If I get in with a good group of randoms playing Rockets v. Insurgents, I can do $80,000 in an hour and it's usually good fun. Doesn't really feel like grinding to me.

Pacific Standard heist. Now with the Kuruma exploit, now making the heist extremely easy to do while as well retaining almost all the money.

Survivals , I've made millions by doing them.

Which weapon do you use, and how much money do you spend on ammo? I know of a good camping spot in Processed where it's very hard for enemies to kill you as long as you pay attention.

Pacific Standard heist. Now with the Kuruma exploit, now making the heist extremely easy to do while as well retaining almost all the money.

This. It's got to be one of the easiest methods for money of all time using that exploit especially on last gen.

Survivals work with a good group, but doing them with idiots winds up making it cost more than the payment from completing it. Do those with friends and you'll be set. When I need money, I just spam missions or do random jobs in playlists (usually wallrides and random LTS missions of some sorts). A word of caution about playlists- be careful on how many players are required to even start the list. I've lost count of how many lists that have been abandoned because we didn't have enough people to do the list halfway through after people ragequit the list.

Dan
Which weapon do you use, and how much money do you spend on ammo? I know of a good camping spot in Processed where it's very hard for enemies to kill you as long as you pay attention.

Yeah , that one has some of the best hiding spots , making it good for challenges. (Musket only springs to mind)
I've also completed the Processed with another player using unmodified (basic) Pistols too :sly:

Combat Pistol is good for first 3 rounds , after that I usually switch to a rifle / Combat MG & loot for ammo & armor between waves
I usually spend 2 grand for Combat MG ammo / Survival.

If R* SC would have a counter for # of Survivals completed , I'd have that higher than anything else (jobs) I've done online.

Yeah , that one has some of the best hiding spots , making it good for challenges. (Musket only springs to mind)
I've also completed the Processed with another player using unmodified (basic) Pistols too :sly:

Combat Pistol is good for first 3 rounds , after that I usually switch to a rifle / Combat MG & loot for ammo & armor between waves

If R* SC would have a counter for # of Survivals completed , I'd have that higher than anything else (jobs) I've done online.

Ok. Nice. I have done some Musket/Marksman Pistol-only challenges, but used the Minigun to take down Buzzards. I just wish there was more time after each round to collect dropped money, snacks, and ammo.

I never did that with Processed, But I have made goals to do challenges like that in other things like modded captures. I once did the musket challenge on a capture that was kill sasquatches. The one thing I do with Processed is the no armor challenge (complete without using body armor). I've done it before, but it isn't always worth the risk to do that.

I do VIP jobs. They are, in my opinion, the most fun and reliable way to make money. I find the easiest ones to be:
  • Executive Search: Hide for ten minutes while moving to keep your blip from becoming visible. I would recommend @SomePlayaDude's technique for blending in with traffic, as well as an innocent-looking Vapid Minivan. :P The reward is $25000.
  • Sightseer: Easily the most straightforward one when there are no jets around. Essentially you have to fly all over the map to collect three packages while hacking a system to reveal their locations. With a fast chopper, such as a Swift, a Frogger which spawns commonly or a Buzzard which can be spawned through the VIP menu, you can win an easy $22000 in less than five minutes.
  • Piracy Prevention: If you have a yacht, this job is one of the most fun and thrilling activities you can do in GTA Online. What you have to do is prevent people from reaching the upper deck of your yacht for ten minutes. The reward is $30000.

Last edited:
Bought the game on PS3 when it was "new". Turns out it was silly thing to do since game got released again on PC and current gen consoles.

Legitimate money making?
Missions (solo or with friends) - most efficient way of making money in game.
Daily Objectives - another great way of making money (weekly and monthly bonuses).
Heists - require "realistic" approach and 100% effort from each heist crew member. Unfortunatelly many low level players joins theese type of jobs thus ruining it for people with more in-game experience, better weapons and crucial customizations (silencers for example).

In my opinion missions are the best since you can do most of them solo, use Pegasus vehicless as additional asset. Missions also give the player wider error margin (spare lives). You can easly earn 100k of gta$ in 40-60 minutes of playing random missions.

And like the game title states: steal and sell those cars! :lol:

Back