LeMans Circuit

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoeAngelicchio
  • 26 comments
  • 1,350 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
40
Wouldn't it be nice if they had the LeMans circuit in GT4? Does anyone know if this is a possibility? đź’ˇ
 
I would rather see 14 miles of Nurburgring instead of LeMans/Bugatti.
 
Originally posted by InterCooler
I would rather see 14 miles of Nurburgring instead of LeMans/Bugatti.

The original Spa is also a good choice.
 
I want all three of those suggestions, I also wan't Road Atlanta in there too.
 
Originally posted by kyle
I want all three of those suggestions, I also wan't Road Atlanta in there too.

Road America is also good, I live 30miles from Road Atlanta.
 
What courses in GRAN TURISMO exists in real life?

Can somebody help me with this? I'm trying to figure out what among those in GT3 really have a real-life counterpart?

I know TOKYO R246 is real ...........what else?
 
Originally posted by InterCooler
I would rather see 14 miles of Nurburgring instead of LeMans/Bugatti.

Oh yes, I second that. I bought Grand Prix Legends just for that track! You'll then be able to see if the Skyline can be driven round in under 8 minutes :D
 
I'd like to see real tracks and not anymore of those fantasy ones.
 
Originally posted by GTmaster
What courses in GRAN TURISMO exists in real life?

Can somebody help me with this? I'm trying to figure out what among those in GT3 really have a real-life counterpart?

I know TOKYO R246 is real ...........what else?

I think we've had this discussion before ... but I can't find the thread.

Cote De`Azur is actually Monaco. There are tons of pictures from the real course and GT3 to compare with. Pretty cool. Other than that, the courses are just similar to a bunch of real world courses. They mostly use parts of tracks to build fantasy ones for the game.

~LoudMusic
 
Originally posted by GTmaster
What courses in GRAN TURISMO exists in real life?

Can somebody help me with this? I'm trying to figure out what among those in GT3 really have a real-life counterpart?

I know TOKYO R246 is real ...........what else?

Laguna Seca and Monaco like LoudMusic said that's it.
 
TOKYO R246 - real-life streets
MONACO - real-life circuit
SEATTLE - real-life streets
ROME - real-life streets
LAGUNA SECA - real-life circuit

Correct me if i'm wrong. :)
 

TOKYO R246 - real-life streets
MONACO - real-life circuit
SEATTLE - real-life streets
ROME - real-life streets
LAGUNA SECA - real-life circuit

Correct me if i'm wrong. :)
You're not. ;)
 
I think for GT4 they should bring back Seattle Short and make a Seattle "Medium". The reason for the Medium is that realistically, F1 cars and GT cars would be banned from the full course because of the very big hill with the jumps. The medium circuit should follow the Short Circuit to the top of the hill and then down the backstraight of the Long Circuit and the rest of the course.

I'll try and post a pic of what I mean.
______________
James Barrington
 
Here
 

Attachments

  • seacirc.jpg
    seacirc.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 71
i'll go with that james.the f1 cars nearly flip on the hill on the seattle circuit.

oh ye, rome isn't a real life circuit
 
Yeah, Rome's the only one I haven't seen on a map or anything. I managed to find the Seattle track on a map one night when I was bored.
 
Having actually raced the track, I'd be really tickled to see Sears Point International Raceway of Sonoma, California...

If you want a *long* circuit added, how about the Isle of Man TT circuit? Although banned by most sanctioning bodies as too dangerous, the 37 mile road course is still closed to through traffic once a year for motorcycle races that attain maximum speeds of nearly 200MPH while averaging 120MPH as they rocket through towns and along country lanes - the Isle of Man is more purely a 'road' course than any other race in existance, including Le Mans. While the circuit *is* dangerous to the racers and fans alike (there seem to be fatalities at this event every year), I doubt that this would be much of a problem for Gran Turismo racers...

I'd also like to see an option to be able to switch between the new (2.24 mile) and the original (1.9 mile) Laguna Seca circuits. Laguna was lengthened after the '85 season in order to accommodate FIM minimum circuit length regulations for hosting Formula-One (motorcycle) event; the two rights after turn #2 (the "Andretti Hairpin") are additions and there was a straight linking the first half of the hairpin (which was then a medium-speed left-hander) to the second half of what is presently turn #5 (the first left-hander after the hairpin). Laguna was a faster circuit then; record lap times on the new circuit are 15 seconds longer and average speeds are 10MPH slower than before.

GKP
 
All of those are real life tracks/streets, etc. Also don't forget that the super speedway is based on "Twin Ring Motegi' in Japan. If you have MotoGP2 like me, it shows the 'ring' track and the 'road' track (you can only race on the road track in MotoGP2). The two are superimposed together. It is similar to Daytona and Indianapolis where there are both ring and road tracks are combined.

Although GT3 tracks are exciting, there is no comparison to real life tracks. There is that certain feeling one gets with R/L tracks.

mr_pushrod, I also purchased GPL for that reason (Nurburgring Nordschleiffe or something like that). So a 2 hour endurance race at Nordschleiffe will be about 13 laps?

Road Ohio is also a nice track. And don't forget the mighty Suzuka!!!

I have to brag little more about MotoGP tracks.

Sachsenring in Germany is a great tight short track with a LOT of altitude variations.

Assen in Netherlands is a mid-high speed circuit.

Mugello is the favourite of the MotoGP riders (1st section will remind you of Suzuka).

I find Leman/Bugatti circuit too conventional.

You can find view these tracks easily on the web.
 
Originally posted by InterCooler
Sachsenring in Germany is a great tight short track with a LOT of altitude variations.
You can find view these tracks easily on the web.

The original Sears Point layout is a touch over 2.5 miles (4037m), and is a real rollercoaster ride:

At turn #1 you transition from level ground to going uphill.
Just before the apex of turn #2 the track abruptly goes level again.
Just before turn #3 you're going down but at the apex you transition to going up again; at the apex of turn #3a the track switches from uphill to downhill.
Just before the apex of turn #4 the track becomes even steeper downhill; the track isn't cambered here, but it really feels off camber because of the change of grade.
By turn #5 you're going up again, and just before #6 (a long sweeping lefthander that seems to go on forever, called 'The Carousel') the track switches to downhill again. This is a medium-fast section and you have to commit to a line through the Carousel before you can see any part of the turn. Turn #6 ends with another down-to-up transition.
Turn #7 is a hairpin; you enter it going gently up and finish it going gently down.
It's gently downhill all through the esses, with an abrupt drop at the end of 8a.
You setup for turn #9 while you're still going downhill, but by the time you get to the turn you're on level ground and it's level all the way through turns 10, 11, and 12, all the way to the Start/Finish line. I should note here that the longest straight on the whole circuit is between turns 10 (the fastest turn of the circuit) and 11 (a hairpin, and the slowest turn of the circuit) and is only 1/4 mile long.

I don't have any current info on laptimes, but I seem to remember a lot of 2:15s when I was racing there mid-70s. The times are probably lower by now...

http://www.searspoint.com

GKP
 

Attachments

  • spir_map2.jpg
    spir_map2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 37
If they would addd large tracks they NEED to at least triple the # of cars in game. But id like to see the N-Ring and LeMans.

LB
 
funny, we were having the same conversation, January 2002. This game must be taking too long, we're running out of topics...

b
 
Well it is 'up there' in the most famous tracks... and you can't say that people wouldn't cream themselves getting the chance to drive LMP's on it...
 
This was made two years ago....
 
Why are you bumping threads for the sake of bumping threads?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back