Let's assume a potential nightmare scenario: EA eventually adds NFT support to the series. Which cars become most valuable?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 5 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
EA has already expressed interest in NFTs. Let's say there exists an NFS game in the future that has an absurd amounts of models, but also various "character cars" from the series, no matter how minor. How would you sort these cars by most valuable to least valuable? I'll likely edit this list as suggestions come in, where there's a list of tiers - the first tier is the most valuable.

Tier 1.
BMW M3 (E46) GTR Race Car "Razor" (MW2005)
Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) "Eddie" (UG1)
Nissan 350Z "Rachel" (UG2)
Chevrolet Corvette (C6) Z06 "Cross" (MW2005)

Tier 2.
Audi R8 (First-generation) "Darius" (Carbon)
Ford GT (First-generation) "Nikki" (Carbon)
Mazda RX-8 (First-generation) "Mia" (MW2005)
Ford Mustang Mk.V (Pre-facelift) GT "Razor" (MW2005)
[Pretty much every other protagonist car, including the three from Payback and the recent Polestar 1.]
[The cars designed by K.S. and Aaron Beck]
Pagani Zonda Cinque NFS Edition (HP2010)
Lamborghini Reventon "Seacrest Police" (HP2010)

Tier 3.
[The entirety of the MW2005 Blacklist]
[The major gang leaders' cars from Payback e.g. the FEM F-150]
[The major gang leaders' first cars from Carbon, e.g. Kenji's RX-7 FD]
[The major discipline leaders from ProStreet]
[The five guests' cars from NFS2015, e.g. Nakai's RWB Porsche]
BMW Z4 GT3 "Team Need for Speed" (Shift)

Tier 4.
[The minor gangs' cars from Payback]
[The minor gangs' cars from Carbon]
[The entirety of the MW2012 Blacklist]
Pontiac GTO "Rog" (MW2005)

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
No one's gonna mention the PS2 Version NFS Edition Hot Pursuit 2 cars?
Ah, I had forgot about those. I’d probably put those either in the second or third tier.

EDIT: I think I’d also include the five police cars from HP2 in a similar tier. Or maybe instead of having the Ford Crown Victoria from HP2, it could be a much more accesible model that happens to include skins from various NFS games that had it, from HP2, MW2005, HP2010, etc. This would be very similar to Ace Combat Infinity, where there were special aircraft that came in four tiers, typically modeled on planes flown by protagonists/antagonists from other Ace Combat games - the Su-37 flown by Yellow 13 from Ace Combat 04 is one example. As for the planes that weren’t special, some had skins instead, like how the F-2A had a skin resembling its testing version.

One skin that I personally used was a skin for the Su-37 based on the Gelb Squadron from Ace Combat Zero, as the squadrons from Ace Combat Zero were implemented as skins rather than special aircraft.

EDIT2: To elaborate on Ace Combat Infinity, the planes in this list that have zero stars are the much more accessible ones, whereas the ones with a number of stars ranging from one to four are the special ones. Many of those planes without any stars had skins you could place on them, like the Gelb Squadron skin that I mentioned.

Last edited:
Is it a nightmare scenario for you, though? This isn't the first NFT/gaming related topic you've made, seems like you're happy to see it happening going by how much thought you've put into it.

None. They only have value if people are prepared to put a value on them. NFT's will die on their arse if people are sensible enough to put no value on them. That's a big if in the pathetic world we live in, however.

Is it a nightmare scenario for you, though? This isn't the first NFT/gaming related topic you've made, seems like you're happy to see it happening going by how much thought you've put into it.
I acknowledge that the whole concept of NFTs has a long way to go, especially with its current implementations. So I fully understand that adding NFTs into Need for Speed would be...quite unfavorable to some people.
None. They only have value if people are prepared to put a value on them. NFT's will die on their arse if people are sensible enough to put no value on them. That's a big if in the pathetic world we live in, however.
Agreed. I think NFTs are quite silly, and I don’t think their current implentation will be the endgame for the general technology. But if people play stuff like gacha-based games on their mobile, then what’s to stop a publisher from having a game with an in-game economy with potential real-world ramifications?

Last edited:
Back