Lets promote this game in GT4 forum.

wildchild_pr
Normally this game is ignore, But many of us that play it, know how good it drives. So lets inform others members to try it, and to be patient at the begining of the play.

Maybe if we can promote this game and many people buy it now that has a good price. So Konami may produce a bigger sequence: enthusia2.

I like the idea.......BUT.....this is a GT based forum, and I recon it would rubb a lot of people the wrong way. Besides nobody wants to hear someone say "mines better than yours" even if it really is! The biggest stumbling block would be convincing someone to try a 3+ year old game.

PS the only reason I bought EPR was that it had an RX3 Mazda in it and that was my first car in real life.

I don't think that's a good idea and, besides, I think that it would be against the rules.

If GT4 players want to know anything about other PS2 titles, they'll come to the PS2 forum (where we discuss other racing games, like TDU, TOCA, and also other non-racing games), and they'll see that EPR has its own subforum (and that single fact means, I think, that this game's quality deserved some recognition from the GTP owner and/or administrators)

Many of the GT players and racers know about Enthusia. You're mistaking the preference for GT (on GTPlanet.net) for a dislike of Enthusia. There is no need to advertise Enthusia in the GT4 section.

We do know the game exists.

On the subject of enthusia, I've been looking for this game for the past few months and no gamestores carry it anymore nor do they have used copies. This is getting increasingly annoying....

Unv412, Hun200kmh, and Der Alta summed it up -- not only is it unnecessary, it would likely prove counter-intuitive. However, you can still bring it up in conversations discussing the merits and flaws of Gran Turismo and its competitors.

I like the idea. I hope Konami has plans for Enthusia 2 for the Playstation 3 + the Logitech G25. They've already gone far with the development work by encorporating a clutch in the game for advance techniques that simulate it well when used correctly for car control during breaking and cornering.

I really think Enthusia's physics is much better than GT4s realistically. To be honest, I see the reason why Enthusia is under the curtains is because GT4 has a longer reputation and better graphics overall so people automatically assume that another game like Enthusia couldn't make a simulation as close if not better in different areas where GT4 excells.

In comparision to the real life cars I've driven and are in the game, the physics in Enthusia are pretty accurate when going from an Integra Type R Front wheel drive, and then into a S2000 rear wheel drive. Weight and drive train feel is authentic when played with a wheel and force feedback.

Up till now, GT4's physics hasn't been as authentic to real life as Enthusia's in my opinion, heck I still GT4 though because it's good still.

GTHD has changed that though. GTHD is getting closer and feel like Enthusia.

I hope there are plans for Enthusia 2 to comes out for Playstation 3.

I really think Enthusia's physics is much better than GT4s realistically. To be honest, I see the reason why Enthusia is under the curtains is because GT4 has a longer reputation and better graphics overall so people automatically assume that another game like Enthusia couldn't make a simulation as close if not better in different areas where GT4 excells.

Graphics are one thing, but what really lets Enthusia down in my opinion is the interface. Not only is the career mode pretty uninteresting to say the least... the tuning and building part of it is "dumbed down", which takes away quite a bit of depth. If the AI was insanely good it might be excused, but it just isn't. Since EPR seemed to want to compete with GT, it really needs to grow up in the UI department if a sequel is to be any successful.

If this was a multiplayer sim, the physics alone could make it work... but for a single player career based console game, the "between races" stuff and overall feel and gameplay is very important indeed.

Back