Let's talk a bit about the Dodge Tomahawk S...

• Thread starter mwoodski
  • 10 comments
United States
Connecticut.
mwoodski
mwoodski
So, up until today's announcement my go to farm for credits has been the Trial Mountain Cup in a Dodge Tomahawk S. 100k credits with the clean race bonus every ~7.5 minutes.

Anyone know how to get this thing to actually turn?

According to it's stats it weighs a touch over 2000lb/920kg, makes really good, non-adjustable downforce numbers(something like 435f/630r), and in my example, has Race Medium tires on it.

The dang thing just will. not. turn. It's cornering speeds are on par with all the other normal street cars you face in the Trial Mountain Cup, with what I assume as Sports tires equipped on them. It pushes like a dump truck through anything but the mildest corner and I'm honestly confused.

I've jacked the ride height up thinking it was the tires fouling on the fenders but it doesn't fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

1648212188907.png

You already know that you also need a corresponding speed for downforce?

That's probably why you think it's slower cornering than it should be.

You already know that you also need a corresponding speed for downforce?

That's probably why you think it's slower cornering than it should be.
Yes, I'm aware. Through the high speed corners it's pretty good.

It's the lower to medium speed corners which are affected more by mechanical grip that are leaving me extremely confused.

Yes, I'm aware. Through the high speed corners it's pretty good.

It's the lower to medium speed corners which are affected more by mechanical grip that are leaving me extremely confused.

Why confused?

Less speed means downforce is less effective, and if you go slow enough, completely ineffective, hence you can't turn as sharply.

At least that's my understanding, I'm not a physics major.

Last edited:
You can test this very well on the Nordschleife... there are corners where you can fly off with the beast at say... 120 km/h and when you've got 140-160 on it the monster just pulls through the corners like it's on rails. ...

Why confused?

Less speed means downforce is less effective, and if you go slow enough, completely ineffective, hence you can't turn as sharply.

At least that's my understanding, I'm not a physics major.
I'm confused because the car is light and has extremely wide tires. It should have all the mechanical grip in the world for the low and medium speed corners yet it just pushes like a dump truck into them and it's mid corner speed is atrocious for what it is.

I'm confused because the car is light and has extremely wide tires. It should have all the mechanical grip in the world for the low and medium speed corners yet it just pushes like a dump truck into them and it's mid corner speed is atrocious for what it is.
Agreed - though I'm going to experiment with toe and camber settings and see if I can improve it. It doesn't feel so much like "push" to me as much as it has a large turning radius.
Last night I set the tranny up for about 500 km/h and started doing laps at Daytona - running through those turns at 295 MPH takes a delicate hand with that "slow" steering! But an absolute blast, while perhaps not the most efficient grind it's a nice change of pace from Trial Mountain or SSRX.

The dang thing just will. not. turn. It's cornering speeds are on par with all the other normal street cars you face in the Trial Mountain Cup
I'm a bit confused. If it's only taking you 7.5 minutes in total, you can't be doing the races slowly (it takes more like 10 minutes for me on PS4, but maybe you're on PS5), but I can easily drive straight past the AI cars on the inside or outside of corners.

Tomahawk S certainly do worse than what you normally expect for those 2000lbs cars on tight/slow corners, and there is a myriad of factors that could make the car behaves like that, so it's hard to pin down. As an example, anti Ackerman steering (especially if it's tailored for high speed corners with high downforce) could do such thing on low speed, tight corner.

So, up until today's announcement my go to farm for credits has been the Trial Mountain Cup in a Dodge Tomahawk S. 100k credits with the clean race bonus every ~7.5 minutes.

Anyone know how to get this thing to actually turn?

According to it's stats it weighs a touch over 2000lb/920kg, makes really good, non-adjustable downforce numbers(something like 435f/630r), and in my example, has Race Medium tires on it.

The dang thing just will. not. turn. It's cornering speeds are on par with all the other normal street cars you face in the Trial Mountain Cup, with what I assume as Sports tires equipped on them. It pushes like a dump truck through anything but the mildest corner and I'm honestly confused.

I've jacked the ride height up thinking it was the tires fouling on the fenders but it doesn't fix it.

Anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 1128695
Try my tune but I am on a wheel, and I don't know how it handles on a controller. I am happy with the handling of the car at the Trial Mountain cup, and I have not really push to hard to see what it can do.
Race 1 total time is 3:15.435.
Race 2 total time is 3:15.975.
My Great Capture Screenshot 2022-03-26 11-49-19.png

Last edited:
Back