Let's talk about UI/UX & menu structure for manufacturers!

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
So, I think Brand Central as a concept has some great ideas in it, like having the museums and channels, respective VGTs, and so on. (Although, I wonder why the Gr.1/Gr.3/etc. versions of some VGTs are within the showroom section and some are in the VGT section for some automakers? Shouldn't they all be in one or the other? I'd say they should stick in the VGT section, if only because it's not like the VGT sections have many options, anyway.)

I liked the idea of a "tuning village" in Gran Turismo 4 for all the tuners, and I think it'd be a good idea to reduce menu clutter in a future GT game by doing something similar. I also really liked how in-house tuned cars could be accessible within that respective automaker's page. If you ask me, I think the idea should return, even if a brand has multiple in-house tuners, such as with Toyota and TRD & Gazoo. This could also be where certain performance models could be bought, like the AMG-label models from Mercedes-Benz, the Toyota 86 GRMN, the Subaru BR-Z tS, or the SRT Charger Hellcat.

I also think that in lieu of having the prize-winning cars be under the "Gran Turismo" label, each tuner should go back to having its own label like in GT6, and a little blurb in the flavor text of the prize-winning cars could say it was selected by the GT Awards. This would especially apply to tuners that have more than one model in the games (and may only have one be picked by the GT awards, or multiple models picked overall) like HPA, Blitz, and HKS. Yeah, overall, I'd say the "Gran Turismo" label should really be reserved for ones like the F1500T-A, the Formula Gran Turismo, the other karts that have a headlamp, or that 350Z RS they tuned. I suppose the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car could stay here, too.

Even Red Bull could be its own label, between the various cars that appeared in GT6. Though if you ask me, I'd just bring back the Fan Car, the kart, and the prototype versions of the X2010 and X2011, since all three versions of the X2010 seem to only differ in livery. Though perhaps instead, the normal X2010 could be put in, and the Vettel/Prototype variants could become livery choices?

Another idea that I had was that for each nation, after all the brands are listed for that nation, a tuner icon would be at the end, serving as an updated version of the tuner village - it's almost like a "see more" option on some webpages. And then upon selecting it, you'd see a similarly-organized page, but with all the brands you previously saw replaced with various tuners from that respective nation - it's like flipping over a double-sided sheet of paper. So for North America, you'd see a Canada label for HPA Motorsports; and for Japan, you'd now see Amuse, Spoon, HKS, Re Amemiya, and so on in place of the usual Nissan & Toyota et al.

Back