letterbox effect older tv's

  • Thread starter Thread starter broken
  • 6 comments
  • 1,056 views
Messages
69
Havent seen this i the questions but if you have older tv ie:4:3 not widescreen does the game go into letterbox effect or is it just the menus ?

Ive set it to 16:9 for now as it looks better for me and Falout New Vegas looks better too, but GT5 looks like a letterboxed dvd iykwim, but if its on 16:9 its fullscreen but haven't tried races yet

can someone confirm as Im not looking foward to closing the gane to change the settings and then having to do it again

thanx
 
That should be configurable in your PS3 desktop options, shouldn't it? Unfortunately you might have to close the game...
 
Racing is done on 4:3, but the menu's are 16:9 letterboxed yes. You'll need to use the R1 button to zoom in on the User Interface a lot, since it uses really small text.

Also, the online chat, and leaderboard standings during online racing takes up a massive amount of the HUD/screen, I hope they fix that, as its basicly unplayable at times on a 4:3 tv set.
 
I'm only going to have access to old 4:3 crts for the rest of the week while I'm out of town...I'm glad to hear you can zoom in on the menus. I'm assuming the game still looks very nice and is completely playable?

I'm sure this'll make me better appreciate the jump to hd afterward but just hope it isn't going to ruin my initial experience with the game :(
 
I'm assuming the game still looks very nice and is completely playable?
(

For the rest it's fine, but during online races I wouldn't recommend it, with the auto-generated "hello everyone" chat messages popping into screen, really distracting.
 
Shouldn't be an issue as I won't really have internet access till next Monday either :p
 
Yup the writing is tiny, the zoom function is essential for me.
 
Back