Lexus IS200 GT 1 Tune

• Thread starter Smuttysy
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
Bristol, England
Smuttysy
(Please go easy on me, this is my first released tune)

Lexus IS200 GT1 Race Car '04
LexusIS200GT1RaceCar2004.jpg

I've had this car gathering dust in my collection for a while and decided to bring it out for a couple of runs in the form I left it in, and was disappointed. The handling was lacking something and the turn of speed was unexpectedly low. So I decided to mix things up a bit by using some other car's tunes on it and stumbled across a setup that I liked and thought that, since I couldn't find any other tune for this, I should post it up for people to try out.​

The Extras.
Purchase everything for this car, including the Rigidity Improvement.
(Engine rebuild and Rigidity Refresh as required)

The Settings.

Aero - 20/50

Transmission - Set max speed slider to 199mph
Adjust for each track accordingly, although this seems to work well for most, as this car struggles to get over 180mph or so.

Differential - 6/34/15

Suspension
-30/-30
14.0/12.0
8/3
7/4
6/5

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.8
-0.10/0.00

Brake Balance - 7/10 (Adjust for your personal preference though)

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1
Driving Line - On, but only as braking reference points

Tests
Results are based on my, admittedly rather limited, abilities and should only be used as a guideline, rather than a target. I also only use the regular DS3 controller, so a wheel & pedal set will infinitely improve upon these times.

image06a.jpg
7:05.xx
image26a.jpg
1:06.xx
image16a.jpg
1:26.xx

*All times tested include SRF on and ABS, because I haven't got the talent to carry those times without. My Trial Mountain test without SRF was 3 seconds slower, although the car was still very stable and only lost traction during 2nd gear hard acceleration*

Please let me know if you find this setup useful by just a thanks reply, smiley face or even a review (although I don't expect a review, but would be nice for some feedback and any little adjustments that you find useful to improve this.)

Last edited:
So far: I like this setup, the car is stabler but I'm about to do a time attack with it on the Nurburgring GP/F and see if it can prove itself :P
Best time after 3 laps: 2:07:107

Last edited:
Been playin GT5 for since it came out and never EVER seen this car in the UCD until yesterday. I'll give your tune a go when I play next and see how it goes :)

(Please go easy on me, this is my first released tune)

Lexus IS200 GT1 Race Car '04
LexusIS200GT1RaceCar2004.jpg

I've had this car gathering dust in my collection for a while and decided to bring it out for a couple of runs in the form I left it in, and was disappointed. The handling was lacking something and the turn of speed was unexpectedly low. So I decided to mix things up a bit by using some other car's tunes on it and stumbled across a setup that I liked and thought that, since I couldn't find any other tune for this, I should post it up for people to try out.

The Extras.
Purchase everything for this car, including the Rigidity Improvement.
(Engine rebuild and Rigidity Refresh as required)

The Settings.

Aero - 20/50

Transmission - Set max speed slider to 199mph
Adjust for each track accordingly, although this seems to work well for most, as this car struggles to get over 180mph or so.

Differential - 6/34/15

Suspension
-30/-30
14.0/12.0
8/3
7/4
6/5

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.8
-0.10/0.00

Brake Balance - 7/10 (Adjust for your personal preference though)

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1
Driving Line - On, but only as braking reference points

Tests
Results are based on my, admittedly rather limited, abilities and should only be used as a guideline, rather than a target. I also only use the regular DS3 controller, so a wheel & pedal set will infinitely improve upon these times.

image06a.jpg
7:05.xx
image26a.jpg
1:06.xx
image16a.jpg
1:26.xx

*All times tested include SRF on and ABS, because I haven't got the talent to carry those times without. My Trial Mountain test without SRF was 3 seconds slower, although the car was still very stable and only lost traction during 2nd gear hard acceleration*

Please let me know if you find this setup useful by just a thanks reply, smiley face or even a review (although I don't expect a review, but would be nice for some feedback and any little adjustments that you find useful to improve this.)
thanx for this tune the only one for this car i can find anywhere just about to try it now

Back