LEXUS LF-LC_GT VISION Series Test RacesFinished 

United Kingdom
Essex UK
LOGICLINE
LEXUS LF-LC_GT VISION Series

You will need to have a LEXUS LF-LC_GT VISION

Ideally painted in your current team colours.
Tests Will be on Fridays at our usual times of Q 18:15uk and R 19:00 uk

The Qualy will be run in a room that will be the same room that runs the race, so no switching rooms.
after qualy, let the race start and quit out, then i will reset the room to practice race and will call cars out in the normal manner, the room should be more stable the longer we are all in it.

The race will be normal 90 minute race.

Cars will be run at Default settings, apart from the adjustments of
ABS From { Driving options }
Brake Bias { from suspension car set up }
Improve body Rigidity { from the pit service }
BHP settings { from the power slider }

YOU CAN QUALY AND START RACE ON DIFFERENT TYRES TYPES IF YOU CHOOSE TO IF YOU HAVE OR LESS OPTION.

At this point the pitlane Entry lane will be closed until 15 minutes expires except for damage repairs.
No Tyre Type change can take place before 15 minutes has been reached.

BASIC IDEA FOR HANDICAPS BELOW

In this respect championship standings will denote car settings below.

positions 1 - 5
have a default -40bhp deducted after points/bhp adjustment and q and start race on RH
positions 6 - 10 have a default 600 bhp after points/bhp adjustment and q and start race on RM or less
positions 11 down have a default +40 hp added after points/bhp adjustment and q and start race on RS or less

NEW BHP ADJUSTMENTS BELOW Default will now be 600 Bhp

-p--Total---Driver---Car--------Team
------Pts----Name---No---------Name
Added default position adjustments -40bhp
-1----1st In Standings +0pts = -0BHP=600BHP DEFAULT -40BHP = 560 BHP Q+START RH
-2----2nd In Standings +0pts = -0BHP=600BHP DEFAULT -40BHP = 560 BHP Q+START RH
-3----3rd In Standings +0pts = -0BHP=600BHP DEFAULT -40BHP = 560 BHP Q+START RH
-4----4th In Standings +0pts = -0BHP=600BHP DEFAULT -40BHP = 560 BHP Q+START RH
-5----5th In Standings +0pts = -0BHP=600BHP DEFAULT -40BHP = 560 BHP Q+START RH

Added default position adjustments -0 bhp
-6----6th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT 0 = 600 BHP Q+START RM OR LESS
-7----7st In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT 0 = 600 BHP Q+START RM OR LESS

-8----8th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT 0 = 600 BHP Q+START RM OR LESS BASE SETTING
-9----9th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT 0 = 600 BHP Q+START RM OR LESS

10--10th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT 0 = 600 BHP Q+START RM OR LESS

Added default position adjustments +40bhp
11--11th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT +40BHP = 640 BHP Q+START RS OR LESS
12--12th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT +40BHP = 640 BHP Q+START RS OR LESS

13--13th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT +40BHP = 640 BHP Q+START RS OR LESS
14--14th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT +40BHP = 640 BHP Q+START RS OR LESS
15--15th In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT +40BHP = 640 BHP Q+START RS OR LESS
16--16th and below In Standings +0pts= -0BHP = 600BHP DEFAULT +40BHP = 640 BHP Q+START RS OR LESS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alternative BASIC IDEA FOR HANDICAPS BELOW

In this respect championship standings will denote car settings below.

BHP ADJUSTMENTS BELOW Default will now be 600 Bhp

-p--Total---Driver---Car--------Team
------Pts----Name---No---------Name

-1----1st In Standings 550bhp then deduct plus points from BASE points in bhp = 550 BHP
-2----2nd In Standings 550bhp then deduct plus points from BASE points in bhp = 550 BHP

-3----3rd In Standings 560bhp then deduct plus points from BASE points in bhp = 560 BHP
-4----4th In Standings 560bhp then deduct plus points from BASE points in bhp = 560 BHP

-5----5th In Standings 590bhp then deduct plus points from BASE points in bhp = 590 BHP
-6----6th In Standings 590bhp then deduct plus points from BASE points in bhp = 590 BHP
-7----7th In Standings 590bhp then deduct plus points from BASE points in bhp = 590 BHP

-8----8th In Standings 6000bhp base points = 6000 BHP

-9----9th In Standings 610bhp then add minus points from BASE points in bhp = 610 BHP
10--10th In Standings 610bhp then add minus points from BASE points in bhp = 610 BHP
11--11th In Standings 610bhp then add minus points from BASE points in bhp = 610 BHP

12--12th In Standings 620bhp then add minus points from BASE points in bhp = 620 BHP
13--13th In Standings 620bhp then add minus points from BASE points in bhp = 620 BHP
14--14th In Standings 620bhp then add minus points from BASE points in bhp = 620 BHP

15--15th In Standings 630bhp then add minus points from BASE points in bhp = 630 BHP
16--16th and below 630bhp then add minus points from BASE points in bhp = 630 BHP

Capped Max BHP 640 Min 550 BHP
Any tyre used

Last edited:
Use of the KERS system
  • So in terms of basics, within the fuel gauge icon when driving the GT vision there is a series of green vertical lines bounded within a box which indicate the charge of the boost system (similar to KERS). When you press the boost button (e.g for nitrous) you should see this deplete, which gives you extra power to give you better acceleration out of a corner or for overtaking.
  • You should also notice that the energy store will deplete over time when you are driving quickly and not depressing the boost button. This is because when you apply full throttle the system uses the electrical energy to improve gear changes and prevent turbo lag, so when the system is fully depleted you won't have that support.
  • It is possible to harvest energy back into the system though, I've tested a few methods to see which one is most effective. Traditional KERS systems use braking power to provide charge where usually in non hybrid cars energy is dissipated on the brake disc in the form of heat, as friction slows the car down. But KERS systems use that energy by harvesting energy from the axles and storing it in a battery or flywheel to be injected back into the power-train, but it does give the car a weird braking characteristic. So you can change brake bias to counter it. So braking hard seems one way to charge the battery and I'm not sure how well GT6 simulates it.
  • The most effective way of charging the battery though is lifting and coasting, which doesn't affect lap times too much. Essentially instead of braking last minute, lift off the throttle and let the aerodynamic drag of the car slow it down. When you come off the throttle the battery is charged, and I'm not sure exactly why. It's probably similar to F1 (TERS) where a turbine is placed within the exhaust system, where the hot engine gasses provide enough energy to spin the turbine and generate electricity. In addition to lifting and coasting, throttle application less than 75% also charges up the battery. So when your battery is depleted you can use both of those methods to charge up the battery within a lap or so.
  • The best indicator of what the hybrid system is doing is by looking at the battery indicator in the fuel gauge. When the arrow turns green and direction pointing towards the battery, this means that the battery is charging. Red and facing outwards means that the battery energy is being used to provide extra hp boost.
Just think twice before you use your energy boost during the race, as it's hard to recover without losing lap time.
The best way to generate energy again during the race without losing time is in the pits where the throttle is below 75%, so you have 20-30 seconds of charging time.
Not entirely sure but the roof also looks like it has solar panels, so it might generate energy from that as well, but I'm not too sure on that.

TEST RACES ON FRIDAY NIGHTS
AS MANY AS POSS ATTEND TO CALCULATE
TO BE RUN AT THE SAME TRACKS AS GT300 RACES THE FOLLOWING MONDAYS.
Qualy 18.15 UK Race 19.00 UK 90 Minute endurace.

Drivers invited who have shown interest in joining series.

xChris- - IN
Skenu - IN
Pedro
GVilleneuve - IN
SRT
Karl - IN
Fili
Vic
Kossu - IN
Logic - IN
Pubes - IN
Snake
TnT - IN
Cedbel
gueven - IN

Karsten - Not sure

Agro - Not Interested

NEW drivers we dont know joined open lobby shown interest.
Mike 458 interested.

Rainman - IN
Velo - IN
Gibasat - IN
Speeder007 - IN
triumphant - IN
BRAINGAMER - IN
jAMACAN 2000 - IN
FESTOONED - IN
Next Test Event Suzuka on Friday 10th April if Interest

Last edited:
@Stephen Vann I am interested in this series I like the car, plus the series seems like it would be a lot closer with the rules etc, I won't be in on Friday though I go away, what days will the races be on?

@Stephen Vann I am interested in this series I like the car, plus the series seems like it would be a lot closer with the rules etc, I won't be in on Friday though I go away, what days will the races be on?
On Mondays when the current gt 300 series ends, but until then we can have a few test races on Friday nights , to make sure teh handicaps work well

Hi Mike, no no thats not the idea, lol.

We run a Gt300 series at the moment, and we have weight handicaps for each car depending where they are in the championship standings.

The ideal is that the championship is close at the end of the season.

The new Vision series will have the same thing but bhp settings that are dependant on where you are in teh championship points at each race, thats what you will run the next race at.

I do waffle on, so excuse me if i go overboard trying to explain it.

8th is what we call base setting- as there are 16 in the championship.
So if you are 8th in the standings you run you car at 600bhp

If you are 7th in the standings your bhp would be 600 less 1 bhp for each point you are ahead of 8th place.

So if 8th place had 70 points then he runs at 600 bhp no matter what.
if the guy in 7th place had 81 points he would be 11 points ahead, so he would have -11 bhp and run at 589bhp.
If the guy in 10th place had 50 points then he would be 20 point behind and would run at 620bhp

So every race each driver almost always runs different bhp.

I am looking also at making a default bhp adjustment for different positions in the standings, as we have some elite guys that are just so fast.

Its just a way to stop the better drivers running away with the champoinship, and a help to the guys that are not so good.

The test races are to be run in Friday nights Q at 18.15 Uk R at 19.00 uk until mid may when the series starts proper when the gt300 series ends.
The it will go to Monday nights at the same times.

If you are interested, send me a psn friend request and later i will accept and invite you to our club lobby.

Back