LFA Livery choice

United States
Las Vegas
OneDJYouLike
I noticed that like most other popular liveries, people are putting custom wings on their Lexus LFA livery. Praiano brought up a good point that this car looks better without a custom wing and I think a lot of people don't realize they are covering up its stock spoiler that retracts and features active aero.

I made this mistake at first out of habit. But after it was mentioned, I realized that this is the one car you should consider passing on the custom wing. I understand "to each its own" and the advantages of a custom wing with the tuning. But I would bet a lot of people were not aware of what they were covering up.

Edit: I realize that plenty of people don't care about changing out and covering up a stock upgrade on the car. But when I made my first couple of liveries I forgot that this vehicle had that stock wing. I think it is pretty dope that it is accurately depicted and functions properly in GT7.

Last edited:
I do this with all cars that have active spoilers. I’d rather add a fixed wing and have the ability to tune aero as desired and I don’t use chase cam to watch the spoilers come and go. Plus I think the LFA looks better with the fixed wing I have on it anyways.

You can always have a livery/set up for pics and one for actual racing. I actually do that for a lot of Praiano's set ups. The reverse Carolina Squat is not a good look.

Last edited:
Looks fine to me :D

2012_lexus_lfa_nurburgring_package_0011_bh.jpg

Surely you put a livery on a wing.. not a wing on a livery?
This is true, but when you apply a livery designed by someone else, it is going to switch to the wing they had when they made the livery. I know you can switch it back. I'm just pointing out that there is a pretty dope stock wing on this car that features active aero that is being covered up with a custom wing. And the car drives so well with it that the custom wing is not needed as much as it is on other cars. That active aero wing is one of the things that makes the LFA the legendary car it is.

So... this is a "people are doing something I don't like" rather than "GT7 has a bug with..."?

The thread title somewhat suggests the latter.

The LFA Nurburgring edition has a fix wing and no active aero… So I think most people tries to replicate this.
I was not aware of that edition. Thanks!

I play almost exclusively in VR and spend quite a bit of time just admiring the cars up close so I'm a sucker for the finer details.

So... this is a "people are doing something I don't like" rather than "GT7 has a bug with..."?

The thread title somewhat suggests the latter.
It's more of "I bet a lot of people didn't realize" as opposed to me being bothered that much by it. But you are right about the title. I'm going to edit it now.

It’s probably more of a mistake(most likely rendering limitation) players can‘t see the rear of the car, through the central rear vision mirror.

It’s probably more of a mistake(most likely rendering limitation) players can‘t see the rear of the car, through the central rear vision mirror.
For me, the mistake was on me forgetting that the car had that feature. When you are looking at what upgrades you can do, you wouldn't know that the Standard parts wing comes out of the vehicle unless you are aware of the feature or you take it on the track and watch a replay. Or you drive with the Chase cam. Even if the rearview mirror worked to show it, you would never see it if you installed an aftermarket custom wing over the top of it.

Yeah, I immediately made mine look like the Nurburgring Edition. The LFA you win from the Master License even comes in the right color!

Yeah, I immediately made mine look like the Nurburgring Edition. The LFA you win from the Master License even comes in the right color!
My first introduction to the LFA was this video. It got me so hyped on it and was a big reason why I dropped the custom wing when I realized that I was covering up the OG spoiler.

But now learning about the Nurburgring Edition, I must have both versions. lol.

My first introduction to the LFA was this video. It got me so hyped on it and was a big reason why I dropped the custom wing when I realized that I was covering up the OG spoiler.

But now learning about the Nurburgring Edition, I must have both versions. lol.

You can still do it with a single car. Just swap the style depending on your mood, no reason to spend a bunch more money.

Back