LFS..Back to The Future.

• Thread starter maSonn09
  • 3 comments
Scotland
Scotland
YankDoodlePidg
Time to prevoke some interest in LFS again after the last thread posted (Christmas report thread)

As some of you will already know the LFS progression is a tad on the slow side.
But that doesn't stop the developers releasing little bits of nostalgic content now and again.

The latest installment... is actually an old patch from LFS back when it was jut starting out.

Quote from Scawen.

"Hello LFS Racers,

Inspired by the Blast from the past! thread where some community members were trying to get an old S1 version working, with some success, yesterday afternoon I dug up the source code for test patch S1H6 (released in March 2005). In a few hours it was up and running again. Three small changes were needed so that :

- it works with the new master server
- it can be unlocked on the latest Windows versions
- there is no need to earn credits to unlock cars

This update has now been released as S1H7. So if you are interested in a bit of nostalgic racing, give it a go!

If you already have S1H installed you can just update the EXE :
LFS_S1H7_EXE.zip (EXE only, S1H must already be installed)

Alternatively you can install a FULL VERSION S1H7 :
LFS_S1H7.exe (full version, no patch needed : 90 MB)

Here is a dedicated host download of S1H7 in case you want to run a host :
LFS_S1H7_DEDI.zip (dedicated host : 1 MB)

Have fun! :)

lfs_s1_cars.jpg

There was alot of mixed feelings about this unexpected release but alot of people were greatful that the version LFS kicked off with has been brought back to life.

Enjoy!

I saw that. I'm not S2 licensed, can I run this? Also, what are the benefits, considering I wasn't around at the time S1 was current?

I would assume you can only unlock it if you own a S2 license althought i could be wrong, try it out. And there really arn't any benefits to this, it's primarily made for nostalgic reasons.

Although it does show how far LFS has come in the last 5-6 years (this was released in march 2005)

Sorry, I might've worded it wrong, I didn't mean it as much as "benefits" but what sort of experience would it bring to me, a fellow that didn't get to know LFS in its earlier stages.

Back