LFS opinion

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 7 comments
United States
Mass UTC-5
HugoStiglitz_420 and GTP_HugoStiglitz
Am I the only person, that is really bummed out by the fact that LFS doesn't have the cars and tracks you would expect in a sim?

The physics, force feedback, and graphics are completely superior to games like rfactor and gtr 2, yet I still play those more often just for the cars and tracks. Usually I play games for the gameplay, not the content, so this is counter-intuitive. Am I alone in this? Anybody else bummed out by the car/track selection to the point of not playing a superior a game like LFS as often as it should be?

Right there with ya on this one.

LFS is a great sim. The graphics aren't bad, yet they are great considering almost any recent computer out there can run it. It's inexpensive and at some point, had a thriving community of die-hard, loyal fans and enthusiasts. I've had some absolutely great races, even though I just have the demo.

Now it's just a ghost town... You only see the same people over and over mixed with the occasional post of "When is Scirocco coming" thread.

This game's physics are outstanding. Shame the devs are letting it sit there for so long...

Right there with ya on this one.

LFS is a great sim. The graphics aren't bad, yet they are great considering almost any recent computer out there can run it. It's inexpensive and at some point, had a thriving community of die-hard, loyal fans and enthusiasts. I've had some absolutely great races, even though I just have the demo.

Now it's just a ghost town... You only see the same people over and over mixed with the occasional post of "When is Scirocco coming" thread.

This game's physics are outstanding. Shame the devs are letting it sit there for so long...

Agreed. I actually think the graphics are great for what it is. They aren't on par with GT5 but I think the graphics are the best of the PC sims, better than netkar or iracing. I think and the physics are up there with those 2 as well. Actually I might go as far as saying that LFS has better physics than iracing. It feels like to me that LFS has a better sense of grip, it feels more natural where the rubber meets the road. I see lfs, netkar, & iracing in a class of their own, above rfactor, gtr, gt5, etc. and That's impressive considering how highly regarded netkar and iracing are.

Like you said though, the community isn't what it used to be. I can only imagine it's due partly to the fact that it's not really mod-able. It's a shame.

It also runs very smoothly. I can get far better graphics on my crappy computer and run at higher FPS. The developers must know what they're doing, so it's just a shame it hasn't developed into something bigger and better like what netkar's developer is doing with Asseto Corsa.

Hopefully, the developers find a way to get things going in the right direction, because LFS is technically impressive, it just lacks in some ways.

The community is down due to the lack of updates. Go to LFS.net and laugh at the date of the last post. Development seems non existant and it's a huge shame... :(

I Just started this game about a week ago, and it seems alot of the servers/server admins dont take kindly to 'Muricans like me. BUT ANYWAY, I do Agree, its been out for awhile now, and still competes with newer sim-racers, In The Physics part anyway, I would most certainly like to see new cars in it, and tracks, but i suppose until then..... MODS AWAY!!!!!

I Just started this game about a week ago, and it seems alot of the servers/server admins dont take kindly to 'Muricans like me. BUT ANYWAY, I do Agree, its been out for awhile now, and still competes with newer sim-racers, In The Physics part anyway, I would most certainly like to see new cars in it, and tracks, but i suppose until then..... MODS AWAY!!!!!

Graphics too. I think the graphics are great for a PC sim. Wish they would do more with that sim

Considering it's 90% unlicensed content it always seemed too expensive to me and certainly is today. I tried the demo and it felt pretty damn good but £24 for the full game is far too much.

The demo is really the meat of the game, and most people online are only using the demo cars at blackwood anyway so all the more reason not to bother (I have the full version licence).

I download play this every now and then because my Namco Jogcon works with it, although lack of pressure buttons for brake and accel make it a short session.
Not sure if it's my connection but the jerkiness of cars on the track make it unplayable for me online but I don't mind watching everyone else for some laps.

It is indeed a sad ghost town.

Back