LG C1 OLED for GT sport/GT 7. What’s the best TV?

• Thread starter ghost30
  • 5 comments
So I bought a 65” LGC1 to replace my aging plasma. Loved my plasma, except for the lack of brightness. But I adapted, and found some settings that more or less worked for me. I mainly bought the C1 for gaming, and in anticipation for GT7. For the most part, in general, games are bright enough.

GT sport on the other hand is a mixed bag. It seems that auto dimming kicks in hard after a 5 minute race. I do have a service menu remote, (for those that know), and tried disabling ASBL. But it didn’t seem to work. Some tracks look decent. Others just a little too dark. Turning up exposure in game makes it looked too washed out. I use standard mode on this tv btw. The motion on this C1 is pretty great. No ghosting. Response time is good. Game mode is too dim, so I don’t bother using it.

So I’m trying to decide if I’m going to return this thing. I have roughly a month. Was considering a Samsung qn90a. Anyone have some insight on a good tv for Gran Turismo?

Last edited:
There are quite a few threads on gtplanet discussing oleds.
Hopefully your C1 performs better than my B6.

I replaced my old non 4k 55" lg with a 65" lg b6 4k oled. I really liked it but, in just over one year burn in started to show.
A dark shadow where they run a scroll during the news along the bottom and in the corners where the channel ID is that most stations have on screen.
Contacted Lg and they told to run panel refresh but they could do nothing else as I have owned it for 13 mounths and the warranty is for 1 year.
Panel refresh did not resolve it.
At about two years old a blotch appeared near the center of the screen. Anything within that blotch that should be yellow or orange is now green and red is marron.
I've spent to much time tring to adjusting the color with no real improvement.
Now I use it for gaming only in the rec room as it dosent bother me as much if yellow cars are green and red is almost purple.
The burn in is what it is nothing I've found helps it. I can hardly wait till this oled gives up and I replace it. For now I'll live with it.

There are quite a few threads on gtplanet discussing oleds.
Hopefully your C1 performs better than my B6.

I replaced my old non 4k 55" lg with a 65" lg b6 4k oled. I really liked it but, in just over one year burn in started to show.
A dark shadow where they run a scroll during the news along the bottom and in the corners where the channel ID is that most stations have on screen.
Contacted Lg and they told to run panel refresh but they could do nothing else as I have owned it for 13 mounths and the warranty is for 1 year.
Panel refresh did not resolve it.
At about two years old a blotch appeared near the center of the screen. Anything within that blotch that should be yellow or orange is now green and red is marron.
I've spent to much time tring to adjusting the color with no real improvement.
Now I use it for gaming only in the rec room as it dosent bother me as much if yellow cars are green and red is almost purple.
The burn in is what it is nothing I've found helps it. I can hardly wait till this oled gives up and I replace it. For now I'll live with it.

I have a 2 year Best Buy warranty on top of the one year standard warranty. So 3 years coverage, I’m assuming? I have been adjusting the game brightness, along with the tv, and am getting better results.

4K UHD is the best way to play. HDR is entirely too dark. And to be honest it’s overrated in games for this tv. The black contrast is already bananas. I’m also hearing that the TV needs a 200 hour break in period. Not quite sure yet, but I think turning off ASBL is working now. Perhaps I needed to reboot the TV.

Last edited:
I've had an LG Nanocell 49"(86UNA) with a PS-5 for a little over a year and it's a fantastic picture.
It has 4-HDMI ports, 2 are 2.1 ports,VRR, and HDR10+,and alot of other features.
It syncs up with the PS-5 very nicely,hit start on control pad also starts the TV.
If you can find a 65" with all the features this one has you won't be disappointed. :cheers:

Back