Licence Test IB1 - Scirocco slalom help needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter iainn
  • 21 comments
  • 11,522 views

iainn

Premium
Messages
366
United Kingdom
Scotland
Messages
yamazumi1966
I just can't get this one at all, but it was a problem for me in GT5 too!

I've tried changing the camera view, using ASM and active steering at different times to no avail.

I start off OK and then just lose so much time and am about a second off gold at the moment.

I can win races well enough so far, but this is a real pain.

Any tips?
 
I just can't get this one at all, but it was a problem for me in GT5 too!

I've tried changing the camera view, using ASM and active steering at different times to no avail.

I start off OK and then just lose so much time and am about a second off gold at the moment.

I can win races well enough so far, but this is a real pain.

Any tips?
have you tried doing it in manual I gained some time like that but no gold yet
 
Its all about rhythm - Power, turn, release power until the right time then back on the power.
Manual is essential.
When you get to the last 2 sets of cones, floor it.

Oh and there's a harder set in iA so better brush up now haha
 
If you're not using a wheel then I can imagine it might be quite difficult.

If you are using a controller try adjusting the Steering Sensitivity in Driving Options in order for smooth slight turns, no need to turn the wheel a lot for this.

But if you're on a wheel, then as ha been said above smooth turning, get into a rhythm and don't use to much throttle as you go through the earlier bits, you don't need to brake ever, so try not to go too fast too soon. Then when you've done it a few times, you'll know what speeds you'll need at certain points and find that you can go a little bit faster.

The most annoying thing I found with these was the phantom collisions, the game dq'ing me for not touching an obstacle but it's a hairs breadth away, the game is incredibly sensitive for penalties, more so than 5.

But use all the advice above and just try and go faster every time, find the limit, and rocket out of the last turn, the car can handle it if you shift up at the right point.
 
1. you can accelerate fully through the first couple of swings and, of course, from the last left to right on to home straight
2. try to minimise the amount of turning - visualise as straight a line as possible through the gates
3. caress the throttle to maintain stability at speed - you should have a steady average speed through the main group of gates with only very little extra throttle used to push between gates and into turns.
Manual isn't really essential.
 
have to agree manual is the ticket for this. turned everything of and wheel spun out of the blocks get to third and use good old mo for gold. o yea and get on the pedal as early as you can coming out last rows of cones
 
1. you can accelerate fully through the first couple of swings and, of course, from the last left to right on to home straight
2. try to minimise the amount of turning - visualise as straight a line as possible through the gates
3. caress the throttle to maintain stability at speed - you should have a steady average speed through the main group of gates with only very little extra throttle used to push between gates and into turns.
Manual isn't really essential.
exactly what I done manual helped a lot because you cant just stay in 3rd gear and just balance the throttle
 
Thanks for all the advice. I've never used manual in all the years playing GT, but I might give it a go!

I do have a DFGT wheel but don't get it out every time I play.

It won't be the end of the world if I don't gold all the tests, I didn't in GT5 either and it stopped me getting any further in GT4! It's just frustrating, a bit like Goodwood!
 
Did this with auto gearbox mate, its about finding the correct rythmn mate. Most def possible on Dfgt wheel with auto transmission. Try to adjust ur traction, i think i put traction on 3 for this........

Guvna
 
Didn't think i'd get this either i was in the same boat around a second out. Left it then came back and got it, think i took traction control and asm off and just persisted with it you will get it, it's just a pain in the ass! I used automatic also.
 
If you are using ASM in the licences (and pretty much in general) you really will be doing yourself a disservice.
TCS 1 or 2 max, manual if needed, using L2 & R2 as brake and accelerate respectively on dualshock can help immensely.
 
It also helps if you have someone's driving line to follow who has golded the trial
 
If you are using ASM in the licences (and pretty much in general) you really will be doing yourself a disservice.
TCS 1 or 2 max, manual if needed, using L2 & R2 as brake and accelerate respectively on dualshock can help immensely.

I don't normally drive with anything other than ABS 1, but for some of the non-race tests/missions etc. I find a bit of TC helps.
 
no aids, acc through first gear.
stay on second and control your throttle
on the third or second last cones, step on it to third gear through the finish line.

it wasnt tough imo, just took a few tries to get it right.
 
I think this is written as a hint on the start screen, but you only hit the accelerator once the car is right beside the cone (i.e. the "apex"), then you let go of the accelerator as you approach the next cone. Don't hit the brake since that slows the car down. As mentioned already, try to get the rhythm going.

Then practice, practice, practice. All you need is one good time to get gold.
 
I did it with a controller and with the automatic transmission.
Did it like 50 times untill i got it right.
The same as the red bull challenges in gt5.. also played gold with a controller.
Change your controller settings Throttle from x to R2...
 
I am not great driver, and use a DS3 too, and struggled at first to gold this one; but I found that the key to a quick time is simple...

Use manual, accelerate in first and second, then keep it pinned on the limiter all the way to the penultimate set of cones, which you can then pull third and race to the line...

Didn't need ASM, just a TC 2 or 3... Then getting the timing of turn in right will come with a little practice, and gold will be yours with a time to spare.

Unfortunately you cannot use this method to gold the higher level slalom.
 
Take it slow at first, then once you get to the last couple cones floor it and you can get at least a silver
MUST USE MANUAL and 2nd or 3rd gear I cant remember which.
 
Turn TCS off. No ASM or active steering. Then find the speed at which you can drive through in the straightest line possible. Did this using Automatic on a DS3. The IA one I found easier as well as the NSX handles really well.
 
Used a DS3 & was on Automatic.

What I did after making the small amount of turn, accelerate & then release the power or coast, & 2 cones before the end, You can floor it. Can't recollect what was the speed range that I kept the car in but my ASM was off.

The catch is that You've to be as close to the cones as possible, which is inevitable. Failure is a part to success.
 
Back