License help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sludge Slide
  • 10 comments
  • 525 views
Messages
135
I've restarted GT3 for the first time and I'm trying to get the MX-5 on the B license test. I've had no problems getting gold on the first seven license tests but I've hit a snag with the R32 at Trial Mountain. My best time so far is 43.375 and I can't seem to get it down any further because I can't see where I'm losing time.

Would anyone be able to give me any tips to beat this sucka'?

Steve :).
 

Attachments

  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 54
I feel your pain man.

Did exactly the same thing as you, I got pretty pissed off at that test and the funny thing about it is that it is in the first GT game as well. Exactly the same test, anyway on my second time round on the game I managed to do it after about an hour and a bit (or 2 Nickelback albums) I was so pleased when I did it.

For some odd reason I did it first time without really trying on my current save.

Try and keep the car reving as high as possible when you go up the hill at the start, also on the final corner try and cut intop the apex little bit tighter than the line tells you to. Also have use your ghost and try not to get to pissed of when you get silver for the 30th time. :D

Maybe I will capture a video of it.
 
I recognised it too, a white R33 if I'm not mistaken? I've given it away for the night because I don't really want my 4 year old picking up words he doesn't need to :lol:. Thanks for the tips, I'll give it a go before work tomorrow.
 
Try looking at the preview for the test. If your taking the same lines as the preview maybe your just not braking at the right time and getting on the accelerator at the correct time...
 
Are you using a Manual or Automatic for this run?

I had trouble with the Auto, but when I switched to Manual, I was able to keep the RPM's higher, and control the car a bit better.

Like FP said, watch the preview, and get some tips on the line and action from it.
 
I watched the demo thismorning and I'm ahead of the AI through the first and second corners but I lose time by not cutting the last corners as close as I should. I'll give it another go after work today.
 
That's a hard one... You really need to try lot's of time until you get the hang of it.

The 3rd corner if I remenber well I released the gas in the beginning a little more than the line says to, but fully pressed the gas for the rest of the corner, and the 4th you just release the gas a little in the entrance and then fully accelerate. You need to try until you can go full speed near the wall but without hitting it.
 
I've given up on it. I worked at it for three hours after work with no luck. I guess I'll just have to buy a car.
 
Im not sure if this will work in the Skyline, but in some turbo cars, shift up before redline (500 rpm before) and it is quicker. It may not be quicker at the start on the hill but the other parts that slope downwards
 
The first right turn and the last left turn are the hardest ones on this test. Especially the last left turn to the straight.

Here is a video of my gold run. (6MB)
I can post it as an X-port file too if someone wants.
 
Don't give up man, just take a break then try again. When I was trying to get gold in this license, I was just .003 higher than gold, so I was very pissed. Then I took a brake and the next time I tried I passed it with 2 tries.
 
Back