License I-C 6&7

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaceGT
  • 13 comments
  • 555 views
Messages
7
Has anyone else had problems with these license tests? Its the one with the Ruf RGT and your at complex string.
 
Hi RaceGT:
:D I'm sure everyone has "fits" passing these two. Can only advise three things:Watch the DEMO / Watch the DEMO / Watch the DEMO. It shows everything you need to know & with a little practice you'll get thru 'em too...UB57
:D
 
yea the Demo is important I didn't really use it before until I got to S-8 I watched the demo to see what gears they shift to or stay on during certain turns ...it helps...
 
Try it slow. Try a little bit quicker. Try a little bit quicker. Keep going until you get there.

This is one where you need to keep the car under control.

Ease of the gas. I tend to drive with either the gas or brake on at all times but you may need to coast through some of this.

It is hard but certainly possible.
 
I would listen to gumpy above all else.

And one more very very important thing no one mentioned...

RHYTHM...

develop a rhythm at slow speeds and then at higher and higher speeds until achieving your goal.

Sections like the slalom are based around the idea of rhythm between gasing and "not gasing" or braking.

In this particular section, I dont think I even used the brakes really... although it has been awhile.

The bottom line is to concentrate on the idea of developing rhythm in the slow speeds and then taking it up slowly.
 
Getting golds on this one is impossible for me, really...I can't seem to get it gold...
 
Who cares about gold? I just do the license for the license, not the prize.
 
Originally posted by GoKents
I would listen to gumpy above all else.

And one more very very important thing no one mentioned...

RHYTHM...

develop a rhythm at slow speeds and then at higher and higher speeds until achieving your goal.

Sections like the slalom are based around the idea of rhythm between gasing and "not gasing" or braking.

In this particular section, I dont think I even used the brakes really... although it has been awhile.

The bottom line is to concentrate on the idea of developing rhythm in the slow speeds and then taking it up slowly.

👍
 
Yeah, I already completed all the liscences, but i'm trying to get all golds. I think i made myself sound pretty bad not being able to even complete it.
 
This might sound a little crazy, but one thing that really seemed to help me get through the licenses was to just turn the game off for a while. When you reach that point where you have been trying and trying, on and on and on, and nothing seems to be working and you're getting frustrated go do something else for a few hours or even the rest of the day. You'd be surprised at how much easier it seems when you come back to it then. I learned this trick when I was learning to play guitar way back when and it seems to translate pretty well to GT3 also.
 
Originally posted by El Kabong
This might sound a little crazy, but one thing that really seemed to help me get through the licenses was to just turn the game off for a while. When you reach that point where you have been trying and trying, on and on and on, and nothing seems to be working and you're getting frustrated go do something else for a few hours or even the rest of the day. You'd be surprised at how much easier it seems when you come back to it then. I learned this trick when I was learning to play guitar way back when and it seems to translate pretty well to GT3 also.

:odd: ---------> ;)

Yeah it's true . Even though it sounds weird , I gotta say it really works . There were 2 times this trick worked for me , one time during the license test where you have to drive a Vette around a wet 60-M diameter track , and no.2 , the infamous S2 ( I dunno which one :p ) where you have to drive the GT40 . I tried this frickin' test like 50 times and got pissed off , as I was always 1-2 seconds slower to get bronze :O I just turned off my PS2 , relaxed a few hours and then I tried again . And guess what ? On my first try , I succeded . Getting bronze :banghead:
 
start with s slowish run then go against the ghost gradually getting better. the ghost helps heaps.

there is no need to brake in this one. gas on, gas off only.
hit the rumble strips, they help you around the corners faster.

that about all i can offer...
 
You have to look at the demo over and over again , and keep going at it . It help me get S-8 ( I finally got it today:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ) , I am happy now . But as I said watch the demo and keep at it and you will get it , eventually. Good luck
 
I agree, leave it for a bit. I was trying S-2 for an hour, left it for an hour, came back and did it within 15mins, only by 4 thousandths of a second, bronze time is 1:35.000, i got 1:34.996

For S-8 i found it a HELLUVA lot easier when you do it in manual transmission. Just stay in 3rd gear round the tightest corner, and for the longer straights, just upshift, and for REALLY tight corners where you revv too high, downshift, you can get much better acceleration out of the corners this way.
 
Back