License Test Difficulty

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 3' started by Falcon787B, May 14, 2019.

1. Falcon787B

Falcon787B

Okay, so I've revisited this game again after far too long away from it for a streaming series on my Twitch channel. And one thing has really struck me.

So back in the day, I was never one to go after all golds on the license tests in any Gran Turismo game. Having revisited GT2 recently too though, the B license at least seemed pretty easy to get Golds and Silvers on for the most part.

GT3 though....ARRRRRRRRGHHHHH :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Seriously, it's not just me right? Even getting all golds on the B-License is an absolute pain in the you-know-what! I spent a good 50 tries going for gold on B-6, missing out by less than 0.01/0.02 seconds more than once before FINALLY squeaking a Gold time. B-7 was not as bad, but now on B-8 I'm struggling to even get near Silver time, and almost 0.6s off gold?! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Help me out here - were the license tests always this tough? Or is there something I'm missing? And pls tell me it's a weird difficulty curve and if anything the remaining licenses are a teensy bit easier... :nervous:

2. j0nny0093

j0nny0093

Hey there falcon, to be honest I didn't have any particular trouble getting gold prizes on GT3 license, the hardest one's are S license and Rally license, which I still need to complete

3. JakeMR2

JakeMR2

S-6 is pretty difficult but this is the only GT game I’ve done all golds on legitimately. The Camero Test was pretty hard to gold because of the line you need to take.

4. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

The license tests I have yet to gold are IB-6 (RUF aids slalom), IA-7/8 (skylines on complex string), all but the Miata and speedster S license tests, and R-7 (Impreza Tahiti maze).

This is by far and away the hardest game for license tests I’ve played, but that’s what I like about the game because it isn’t dumbed down or kid-friendly like later titles look to be.

5. Overload_35

Overload_35

I, if I have to be honest personally, the only very difficult license test I know of Gran Turismo 3 is A-7, it's something inconceivable, the rest I found them all easy.

GuardsmanBlue likes this.
  6. submaniac93

submaniac93

The 2 Complex String Ruf RGT ones and the damn... DAMN Camaro on Seattle are my latest struggles. The Delta on Tahiti Maze's last few hairpins is hell too if you don't get the trajectories right.

7. ThrasherDBS

ThrasherDBS

I have beaten all of the license tests in GT3 legitimately except A-8. Granted, it was about 10 years ago since I last tried to beat them. So far the only games I've ever beaten all of the licenses with golds are GT6 and GT Sport. The older games were a lot more difficult and stringent with their license test times.

8. GuardsmanBlue

GuardsmanBlue

Camaro test as well for me:it was very tough and the A-6 with the Jaguar,which required me (at the times) 10-20 attempts before the exam beated at all.