license test...s8

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1mic
  • 41 comments
  • 8,851 views
Originally posted by Mr Deap
I wonder how you guys don't run in hign rev...

Hign rev=less spin out. Usually when the car doesn't have enough RPM, the wheel still turn like hell & after you do a spinout because of that

ex:Viper GTS

As long you keep good line, you ain't supposed to lose much traction.
1st, eh?

keeping the reve high around corners is keeping it high in the power band, therefore increasing the chance of wheel spin. keeping the revs low in the corners and not shifting up till u r going str8 will stop you from spinning out... :)

or maybe i missunderstood u :odd:
 
I've been working on the cote o azur for 2 and a half hours. i've only made it around the track twice out of 100+ tries. 70% of the time I dont get around the 1st turn. I'm just trying for BRONZE!!! This GT-one is JUNK. It does not fit my driving style at all. I've got 60% of the game done and I'm just now getting around to doing the S-tests. This last one is a monster. I did the others in about 2 hours total. I've spent more than that on this one track alone and cant even get through the whole track before hitting something or getting tangles up on of the apex's. AND THE CURB THAT STICKS 1 FOOT IN THE AIR. . . WHAT THE **** IS THAT?!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Are you using analog or digital accelerator.. I'm running the acc. off the right stick, and I had to be REAL soft on it in Monte Carlo to keep the wheels from spinning. But once that is in place it's not too hard... A lot easier than S2 at least :D

edit: Still running auto btw..

/F
 
Originally posted by Total_turbo
true but i did every licens on one try..except for the GT40 in setattle...i hate that test.!!!
My goal in GT3 has changed into becoming the Jedimaster of the unforgiving GT40. I'm getting close to gold in Seattle but unfortunately I KNOW what can be done on that track :mad:

/F
 
I FINALLY got Bronze with a second or 2 to spare! Then, I was so pissed off it took so long I went to race Like the Wind (test track - 20 laps), and won the 787B that kept beating me earlier today. . . its a NICE car!!! Oh yeah, I raced it in the Escudo w/ the wheelie settings and lapped the lead car on lap 16 of 20. :) ROFL

They got scared when they saw my Escudo rearing its ugly belly at 500+ mph on every straight-a-way ;) Time for bed. . .
 
Originally posted by weigle
Oh yeah, I raced it in the Escudo w/ the wheelie settings and lapped the lead car on lap 16 of 20. :) ROFL


There's absolutely NO need to use the wheelie trick to do Like the ChickenWing(tm).. A maxxed Escudo with the gearing raised to 44 IIRC will blow the 787 away :D
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
Heh heh heh...
IT'S NOT A JOKE DAMMIT ! :trouble:

/F
 
I reckon Like the ChickenWing(tm) should only be done in a car where you need to draft to win, otherwise it is too boring. I did a few test runs last night in an S2000 LM Car. It looked like I could draft the 787B to win assuming I did not pit.

I also tried the Altezza LM but was up against the GT-One and I think I had no hope.

I did not fine tune my gearing though it was on max wide so I may need to tweak a little to get a bit of acceleration in 6th gear. Otherwise 6th gear is like the hand brake.
 
I did it in my Scudo, because I hate going round in circles :(

Don't get me wrong. I try to play as competitive as possible (currently working on the Pro MR in a stock GT40 racecar.. Just shows how much I suck at this :mad: )

/F
 
it probably could beat the 787, but i dont want to sit around forever doing an oval track so i did it FAST. Took about 25-30min I think for 20 laps. . oil light never came on, but it was black.
 
hehe... drafting is cool

i was doing test course in my polyphony 001 and every time i lapped someone, i made sure i drafted them... damn! fast!
 
Back