Lift-Off Over-Steer Porsche 930 911 Ruf CTR "Yellowbird" set up for Nurburgring

• Thread starter LOOS
  • 0 comments

LOOS

(Banned)
United States
United States
I Love the 80's Porsche 911's and after Faszination the Yellowbird was an established Legend. Built by Ruf out of a 930 911, it's status further propelled into greatness with Gran Turismo and gamers trying to recreate Faszination on the Nurburgring.

This is my attempt at it with a mildly modified Porsche 911 Ruf CTR. However I'm not after a drift madness lap like Faszination, I'm going for a sharper lap with a car that really feels like a Porsche 911 from the 80's.

There is what I believe is the perfect amount of lift-off over-steer with this set up. This car needs to be driven like a Porsche from 87, lift the pedal to rotate, lift too fast or too much and the car will oversteer too much and you will find yourself needing to power and counter steer out the corner, get it just right and the car flies around the track without scrubbing much momentum except on the tightest corners.

This is just a set up for running Nurburgring, its not trying to be the fastest set up, just fast and fun really feeling like a 911.

Ruf CTR Yellowbird

550pp SS 560hp/1200kg

This is actually a standard style of tuning Porsches, even adding ballast in the nose was a common practice. The style revolves around adjusting to the weight at opposite sides using a really stiff sway bar up front with stiff springs, and a soft rear sway bar combo. This will lets us steer into corners and keeps grip on the back end powering out of corners.

560hp/484ft-lb
New Oil in Performance Shop
Power Limiter 98.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Ballast 50kg @ -50%
Sports Soft Tires
Racing Brakes

ABS-1 and All other Assist Off, its very important to have TCS-0.

RH
100/100
SR
6.00/12.00
DC
4/5
DE
8/9
ARB
6/2
C
1.5/3.0
T
0.25/0.60

Brakes
4/6

LSD
6/18/9

Stock Everything else, Stock Transmission. I love the original gearbox, it might not be the fastest gears, but it sure is fun going through the 5speed gears with my G27 shifter, it feels authentic lol clunky.

Enjoy the set up and have fun

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back