Like The Wind- The Write Up

• Thread starter RVDNuT374
  • 8 comments
United States
Manning, SC
This is my first write up so don't be too strict on me.;) Anyway, i'm doing this for the people who haven't gotten far enough in the game. *or who love this race and keep doing it over and over:P * My car choice was the 787B running @ 724 HP. Since the top AI pits at least 2 times, i'm using T2 tires to minimize pit road time, because this track is all about going fast for long periods of time.;) Now off to qualifying:

Starting Lineup after 2 laps of me qualifying

1. Viper GTS- 1:36.302
2. GT-ONE Race Car (TS020)- 1:38.444
3. Mazda 787B- 1:42.425 (me:D )
4. Esperante GTR-1- 1:45.698
5. Castrol Tom's Supra- 1:54.092
6. Zonda C12S- 2:33.710 (doesn't belong in the race because it only runs 150 due to consantly smashing the rev limiter:P )

Even though i'm 6.123 sec off the pole *my gearing kind of sucked*, pit strategy should win me the race.;) But it'll be one hell of a ride w/ the Viper & GT-ONE running that fast in qualifying. Off to the race now:

Lap 1: Battled w/ GT-ONE for most of the lap. Gearing seems to be fine now.:D Zonda, Esperante, and the Castrol have fallen off the pace.

Lap 2: Coming into turn 2 the GTS just blew by me and the GT-ONE. Me and the GT-ONE are still battling like it's the last lap. We've now lost the draft of the GTS as his American V10 0wnz us on top end.

Lap 3: The Viper, 787B, and GT-ONE lap the Zonda C12S. Still in good battle w/ GT-ONE. Our cars are very evenly matched. Just passed the Viper GTS. Apparently he rammed the Zonda trying to put it a lap down. He's having trouble getting up to speed.

Lap 4: The GT-ONE loses my draft as i hook up w/ the Viper down the backstretch. Hit the rev limiter at 263 MPH. At the start/ finish line, i turned in a lap of 1:36.053. Fastest lap for me so far.

Lap 5: Me and the Viper get involved in a 240 MPH game of bumper cars going through turn 1. We're in a battle for the rest of the lap until he pits.

Lap 6: Now that the Viper made a pit stop, i'm by myself on the track. As I came off turn 2, the Zonda got lapped again. He's now 2 laps down. The Toyota GT-ONE took over 2nd as the Viper pitted. The GTS pitted again.:odd:

Lap 7: The race has become boring as i'm now by myself on the track. Scratch that, the GT-ONE Race Car has caught back up to me.

Lap 8: With the GT-ONE on my back bumper, this race should become interesting once again. Due to me bumping the wall in Turn 1, the GT-ONE has resumed the lead. As we're coming off Turn 2, the GT-ONE slams in the back of the Castrol Supra trying to put him a lap down. Me and him successfully got by. We battled for the rest of the lap until he pitted.

Lap 9: The race has once again become boring due to the GT-ONE pitting. Coming through Turn 1, i lapped the Zonda C12S once again to put him 3 laps down.

Lap 10: If i manage to not fall asleep, it'll be a miracle.:lol:

Lap 11: GT-ONE is starting to close on me after his pit stop on lap 8. Viper dives onto pit road for tires.

Lap 12: Coming into Turn 1, i lap the Zonda once again to put him 4 laps down. GT-ONE is closing in slow and steady. The Viper pits again the lap after.

Lap 13: I'm closing on a lap car which appears to be the Esperante GTR-1. GT-ONE is still closing in on my 787B.

Lap 14: As i barrel down the frontstretch, i lap the Esperante for the first time all race. The Toyota closes in ever so slightly on me.

Lap 15: Just before i hit the 1000M mark, i lap the Zonda for a 5th time now. That GT-ONE continues to close the gap between me and him. As the Toyota attempts to lap the Zonda, he gets stuck behind him. This will definitely kill Toyota's chance at a win.:lol:

Lap 16: Just as i'm coming off of Turn 2, my oil light comes on because i forgot to change the oil before racing.:P The GT-ONE inches closer and closer to me. The GT-ONE dives onto pit road for 4 fresh tires.

Lap 17: I wonder how long it'll take me to fall asleep now that i have no competition left.;)

Lap 18: At the 750M mark on the frontstretch, i lap the Zonda once again. He's now 6 laps down. This race has become boring as hell.

Lap 19: My 787B is slowing down due to bad oil. The GT-ONE is trying to get me, but he won't.:D

Lap 20: About 2 seconds into the lap as the GTS comes off of pit road, i put him 1 lap down. As i cross the line, it makes my 3rd victory in Like The Wind this game.

Pit Stops

Viper GTS- 5, 6, 11, 12, 17, 18
GT-ONE Race Car- 8, 16
(me) Mazda 787B- none
Esperante GTR-1- 7, 14
Castrol Tom's Supra- 14
Zonda C12S- none

Race Results

1. Mazda 787B (me:D)- 33:45.031
2. Toyota GT-ONE- 33:56.525 (+11.494 sec behind)
3. Viper GTS- (+1 lap down
4. Panoz Esperante GTR-1- (+1 lap down)
5. Castrol Tom's Supra- (+2 laps down)
6. Zonda C12S- (+6 laps down)

Settings

Spring Rate- 11.0/11.0
Ride Height- 60/60
Shock Bound- 5/5
Shock Rebound- 10/10
Camber- 0.0/0.0
Toe Angle- 0.0/0.0
Stabilizers- 4/4
Brake Balance- 18/18
LSD: 10/42/20
Transmission:

1st: 3.622
2nd: 2.202
3rd: 1.503
4th: 1.092
5th: 0.844
Final Drive: 3.500
Auto Setting: 41
Downforce: 0.45/0.66
ASM: 0
TCS: 3

Excellent job RVDNuT374, lap-by-lap was a great way to make a boring race interesting to read about. :D

You can just call me RVD miata.;) :D I had to constantly move between my PS2 and the PC *they're right next to each other:P * to do this race lap by lap.

I remember doing that when I first started doing a few write-ups. I now sit by the PS2 with a notepad and start writing it up. I normally jot down important lap times, battles and so-forth. Anyways, can't wait to see more in the future, check this one out, maybe it might give you ideas to personnalize it. I'll enter the link in an edit once I find through the Archives here RVD

Check Out Der Alta's writing style, and while your at it, midway down the page, check out Turismo Vision :D

Very good job, RVD! Well written and informative.

I admit that I didn't take this race seriously. Stage 4 turbo in my GT One road car - the only time I've ever driven that car (and probably never will again), or any car with that much power. I did have fun in the Test Course run at the All-Japan GT, though - margin of less than 0.200" after a 30 minute race! That was in my Viper Oreca.

I'm planning on doing the SSR11 enduro tonight....and i am going to take into account your writing style RVD, it's very descriptive and adds more kick than " I am in the lead....I am in the lead.....I am in the lead..." :lol: :lol:

I only do lap by lap if the race is 20 laps or less.;) Anything longer takes too much time to type.:lol: Look out for my Grand Valley 300 writeup later on tonight.

Back