Lil help please...!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kent
  • 7 comments
  • 328 views

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
Messages
8,191
United States
Southern Louisiana
Messages
GTP_Kent
Ok, I started the polyphony series in gt3, but after I did the first race I got tired of playing for the night and decided to fool around.

I went back and noticed that, although you cant do any sort of modification, you can use what ever tires you want.

So now my prob. I only had the normal, repeat, normal tires.

So now I dont really feel like wasting my time, pitting every 5 laps and constantly going way slower than needed.

So I want to know, will my winning record be affected by dropping out of a series?

Or will the record only reflect the race I just finished?

Thanks,
-kent
 
if you drop out after you finish the race, and win, your win record wont be affected.
 
Right on, you cant imagine how aggrevating the dilemma I was in was. Well being that we are all gt nuts, I bet you can imagine.

But I will say, thanks.

As well as, what do you think is the best car for the polyphony cup.

For a minute I looked into the big dogs, but for now I wanna use something a little more "subtle." Im thinking maybe the ruf ctr2. But its still in the air...

What do you guys think?
 
An Amateur GT3 racer could do it in a Ruf 3400S, and that is my suggestion to you. A Ruf CTR2 is WAY overkill in my books. What car were you using last time?
 
wait a minute gt2s,that can't be right though,cause one time when I was about to race in the Evolution meeting with my LanEvo IV,I forgot to change the settings on it and I didn't even change it when I got into the race either ^_^ (sorry,forgot to look =P),so I went all the way back to the Max Speed test and changed my settings,but before I went back into the race,I just thought I'd check my Total mileage,and come to find out,the exiting of that last race cause my Total # of races to go up 1,that's why if I'm about to make a mistake like that again,then I'll load the game,unless it's a loss to be put on my record =P

AE86Driver
 
If you enter a race and exit from it, it counts as a loss.

If in the "Next race" screen, which also shows options, the last button is the "Exit" button. It will ask you if you'd like to retire from the series.

Exiting from a race this way will not award you a car, but it won't count as a loss against you.

AO
 
ah,thanks for clearing everything up for us Alta

AE86Driver

or do you prefer to be called Der?ah!what the hell should I call you?!:lol:
 
Indeed, the ctr2 is overkill. Not exactly the amount of over kill I like to use to walk through the game with, but still over kill.

And like you said, the 3400s is plenty enough, but the truth is that you can win that race series with almost any descent car if you know how to race properly and when to pit.

The computer doesnt use strategy, and so, we can use a lil old weakling car, keep up the whole time, then pit at the proper moment and take the lead when they do their pitting.

Although I will admit, I preffer to walk all over the computer when Im going through the game for the first time.

Ill worry about having my challenges later.
 
Back