lineup seems inaccurate

  • Thread starter Thread starter praystashun
  • 19 comments
  • 966 views
Messages
36
Messages
praystashun
The list that comes up just after "Player matching" that shows car types / player monikers has a ranking, labeled "Pos." (I assume means position). Yet when the race opens I often find myself in a different starting line-up than what was promised.

Am I interpreting the list right? Are there last-second readjustments made?
 
Well the first person to show up in the list is the server for the race i think. After that youre PP are used for startgrid (just found it out)
 
That first screen just shows the order in which you joined the race. The actual starting position is based on pp (lower pp at the front). For the cars with the same pp it seems to be random, but I could be wrong, it might be alphabetical based on your mothers maiden name. ;-)
 
The list that comes up just after "Player matching" that shows car types / player monikers has a ranking, labeled "Pos." (I assume means position). Yet when the race opens I often find myself in a different starting line-up than what was promised.

Am I interpreting the list right? Are there last-second readjustments made?

Player "pos" is in relation to the players that connect to the server the quickest. It has no bearing on your actual position when the race begins. Usually, the lower your pp, the nearer the front of the grid you will be.
 
PP == Performance points, if you look at quicktune, you can see youre PP rating. Also events have maximum PP.

*cough* thanks ardius ;)
 
Last edited:
^Isnt it "Performance Points"?
 
PP=Performance Points (I think) - it's different for every car and every tune (not to be confused with iTunes which is related to music).
 
YouTunes? Never heard of that...

I would say, start playing with GT5p and try every option.

QuickTune is the screen where you enter a race, you can choose quick tune to make adjust ments to the car, de/increase power/weight, ride height, gears etc.
 
Yes, trying to have a bit of a giggle. I am a noob, after all. And my questions are borne out of frustration mainly. But I relax very quickly when given helpful tips.

I didn't see any "quick tune" menu, I only know of the orange twisty knob on the Logitech "Driving Force GT" controller which allows me some control over active steering / anti-skid, etc, all of which appear to be energy robbing features that always cut down my lap time.

I would say, start playing with GT5p and try every option.

QuickTune is the screen where you enter a race, you can choose quick tune to make adjust ments to the car, de/increase power/weight, ride height, gears etc.
Um. Every option? I thought I had when I first got the thing. I may have missed some. I'll look again.
 
Last edited:
Okay i am not sure about what im posting because i cant remember 100%. Have you finished al a/b/c races? if not maybe thats the reason why you dont see it, as it may be hidden untill you unlock it? but i am not sure about this. Who can help? :)

found some info:
https://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index.php/Quick_Tune

i think you unlock it when starting s class races :)

found more information:

https://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index.php/Gran_Turismo_5:_Prologue:_Prize_Cars

A Class completion also unlocks Quick Tune Settings menu (for use in S Class and online races), the previously-hidden S Class events and the ending movie.

thanks for GTP wiki!
 
Last edited:
You need to finish the A class to use the quick tune.
 
Okay i am not sure about what im posting because i cant remember 100%. Have you finished al a/b/c races? if not maybe thats the reason why you dont see it, as it may be hidden untill you unlock it? but i am not sure about this. Who can help? :)

found some info:
https://www.gtplanet.net/guides/index.php/Quick_Tune

i think you unlock it when starting s class races :)
Yeah, when you unlock the complete C, B, and A Class, the Quick Tune feature is unlocked.
 
Looks like I beaten you Kimi to the answer.;)
 
Looks like I beaten you Kimi to the answer.;)

You did! but i had investigation prove due to wiki pages haha :sly: hehe
anyway praystashun knows the answer now :) but if did complete then i dont understand he cant find it.
 
You did! but i had investigation prove due to wiki pages haha :sly: hehe
anyway praystashun knows the answer now :) but if did complete then i dont understand he cant find it.

I know because I beaten GT5P a few days before.👍
 
You did! but i had investigation prove due to wiki pages haha :sly: hehe
anyway praystashun knows the answer now :) but if did complete then i dont understand he cant find it.
I haven't finished "A" yet... so it's a hidden feature. It would be nice to have it in a menu, but locked out for now... so at least I would know it's there; what to look forward to, incentive to race more, etc. etc. I hate these "easter egg" games.
 
Back