Linking drifts / reducing snap-back

• Thread starter MockngBrd
  • 11 comments
Any tips on how to link drifts and reducing the snap-back effect when going for the 2nd/3rd drifts?

Most of the time i always get too much of the snap-back effect and lose alot of speed and can't follow through the 2nd/3rd drifts. đź‘Ž

was wondering if there's anything that can be done to the settings to help reduce the effect. i'm running on default settings now... haha

If the tuning options in GT5 are in any way similar to FM3, from my knowledge having a slightly stiffer front suspension/sway bar and a softer rear suspension/sway bar can help reduce the violent snap. Overall, reducimg bodyroll should help calm it down. This is solely based on Forza tuning knowledge but I suspect it wont be of much use. Good luck, wish I could be more help.

Snapback goes with experience, I think its largely tied to not having enough wheel spin through a corner, but I haven't really dwelled on it enough to confirm this, but for me it just faded away the more I got sideways.

Snapback goes with experience, I think its largely tied to not having enough wheel spin through a corner, but I haven't really dwelled on it enough to confirm this, but for me it just faded away the more I got sideways.

I think sometimes the car can grip up slightly in an awkward way before a transition if the wheels arent spinning quickly enough. Its as if the car squats a bit, grips, then flings itself in the other direction. It could just be me though.

slightly stiffer front suspension/sway bar and a softer rear suspension/sway bar can help reduce the violent snap.
Not really. Softer rear suspension and stiffer front means that the tail can moves much more easily. Stiffer the suspension, the harder it is to turn.

OP, what you want to do is increase your your camber angle and toe angle on the rear. And then stiffen up the spring till you feel that its more stable.

Last edited:
Will do... time to run some test later tonight...

*on unrelated news, my last night's test session was ruined by myself grinding out hours on supercar festival to earn 200,000 credits, only to have it all wiped out by building a car... damn its fast how credits gets spent*

KSL
Not really. Softer rear suspension and stiffer front means that the tail can moves much more easily. Stiffer the suspension, the harder it is to turn.

OP, what you want to do is increase your your camber angle and toe angle on the rear. And then stiffen up the spring till you feel that its more stable.

Like I said, my post was mainly based on my experiences with tuning hordes of cars in FM3, but GT5 is more than likely very different. You should have the better advice seeing as youve played the game haha đź‘Ť

I had the same problem with it snapping back a couple days ago, when I first started drifting. I would say my my 3 main problems where car setup, being smooth with transitions and even smoother/softer with the throttle. I came from drifting on LFS with 300 degrees the 900 just made thing very different. Also having to use real techniques ie, using the throttle and brake to steer the car.

Sometimes its tune, sometimes it's snap from improper steering. I finally got used to not letting the wheel make the car snap on me. Slower steering helps on some transitions. I was just throwing it but that works for hairpins lol.

Back