linking feint drifts with 900* wheel

• Thread starter thepz
  • 13 comments
i'm just wondering if any of you guys are able to link multiple feint drifts with the 900* wheel. i'm able to perform a feint drift on most turns. but the problem is when i encounter an S-Turn where i drift the first, then use the weight transfer to drift the second. anytime i turn the wheel to shift the weight, my car spins out of control. i'm just wondering if any of you guys have any pointers on it.

thepz
i'm just wondering if any of you guys are able to link multiple feint drifts with the 900* wheel. i'm able to perform a feint drift on most turns. but the problem is when i encounter an S-Turn where i drift the first, then use the weight transfer to drift the second. anytime i turn the wheel to shift the weight, my car spins out of control. i'm just wondering if any of you guys have any pointers on it.

Try my only settings in the Settings Depot, it's good for linking good for slow corners, and you barely steer or countesteer more tha 200 degrees in 900 mode:tup::D And yes it feints too:) Give it a shot it's good:D

i think feinting is how the majority of drifts in GT4 will have to be initiated. downhill braking drifts are also easy.

one thing i havent tried yet is e-brake.

shima
i think feinting is how the majority of drifts in GT4 will have to be initiated. downhill braking drifts are also easy.

You can try it but e-braking sucks a bit:yuck: It's not really a fight getting your car in a drift anymore then

shima

yeah that's the only way i can seem to initialize the drift in gt4. i've tried the brake drift and the power over... they dont seem to work too well. my car just wants to head straight for the grass. yeah, i'll have to try the e-brake as well.

Probably countersteering too much or too slow for the next drift. Practice this by finding a long straight and "manji" drifting down the straight, that is- drifting back and forth while going straight.

For general purposes, the process goes like this:

Drifting one direction
Lift
Counter the other way
Gas

thepz
yeah that's the only way i can seem to initialize the drift in gt4. i've tried the brake drift and the power over... they dont seem to work too well. my car just wants to head straight for the grass. yeah, i'll have to try the e-brake as well.

I had this problem just one moment ago before I changed my brake balance to 3 front 24 rear:):sly:👍 try it ( just a bit less on the rear if using RWD cars)

d3p0
Probably countersteering too much or too slow for the next drift. Practice this by finding a long straight and "manji" drifting down the straight, that is- drifting back and forth while going straight.

For general purposes, the process goes like this:

Drifting one direction
Lift
Counter the other way
Gas

yeah i'm going to have to practice that... i have problems trying to keep the constant swaying on the straight without spinning out.

G-T-4-Fan
I had this problem just one moment ago before I changed my brake balance to 3 front 24 rear:):sly:👍 try it ( just a bit less on the rear if using RWD cars)

yeah that sounds about right, that should make the car easier to drift while braking.

thepz
yeah i'm going to have to practice that... i have problems trying to keep the constant swaying on the straight without spinning out.

And maybe you have LSD a bit too high, DON'T KNOW FOR SURE THOUGH, only change this if you have your rear LSD like 60 on average:) Maybe if you feel like changing something like turning drastically (you've got way much understeer or oversteer) stabilizers work GREAT for that:tup:

thanks for all your help guys!!! if i come up with something, i'll let you guys know

this 900* wheels puts everything at a whole new level... it's like you have to re-learn how to drive. I think it's FUN... i dont know how many hours i've spent on GT4.

When drifting with the 900 degree mode (dfp) i find youve just got to be really precise while being more aggressive than you might first think. after all, going to full lock on a DS2 is going to require alot less effort than full lock in 900* mode. so your going to need to be alot more aggressive to get a high angle drift as well as having a smaller margin for error because mistakes take more time and effort to correct. Practice is what is required, both for recognizing steering inputs' effects on the behavior of cars as well as ingraining the full 900* analog wheel movement within your mind. so you know exactly what degree of steering input your dialing into the wheels without having to look down at the steering wheel. It takes alot of general gaming skill in addition to a good amount of gran turismo experience (plus a ton of practice) to be a really good drifter in gt4 using the 900* mode of the DFP in my opinion. <<Just a word of warning to anyone looking to get a dfp because they think its going to make things easier. However, if you love a great, challenging depth of control in your games it doesnt get any better than gt4 drifting in 900* mode in my opinion.

Back